• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In need of advice - Replacement of markers and hands

Yard

Horology Curious
17/10/18
France
Hello,

I have been looking for a while for a particular watch but it seems to be sold out everywhere so I wanted to ask more about a creative solution to the problem.

- The rep I have been trying to find is an omega deville tresor in SS on a while dial

- The only ones in stock are Rose gold on a white dial or SS on a black dial

- I am considering buying both the RG white dial and the SS black dial

Would it be possible to use the case of the black dial watch, the dial from the RG watch and replace the markers on the white dial with the SS markers from the black dial?

Any indication or help would be appreciated.

Sent from the RWI App

Yard

Horology Curious
17/10/18
France
Or would it perhaps be possible to only get the RG white dial and in some way remove the RG coloring? What would be easier?

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
If they are both of the same maker and have the same mvt, it should be an easy swap

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Swapping markers is not a task for a novice. It's easy enough for a watchmaker or a more experienced hobbyist. Sometimes there is too much glue on the back of the marker and it won't release easily from the dial.

Reactions: Micasol

Yard

Horology Curious
17/10/18
France
capice the problem is that the markers would need a swap as well, not just the dial.

KJ2020 do you know anyone that would be able to do the job?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
The same goes for the dial,....my watchmaker in Germany could help you out

Yard

Horology Curious
17/10/18
France
Located in Sweden, any clue how much a job like that would cost?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Located in Sweden, any clue how much a job like that would cost?

Swapping hands is easy ... if the movements are the sale of course.
About swapping markers it's more tricky but still doable ... the difficulty depends on how thin the markers are and if the dial is guilloché or not.
To get a quote you'd better post pics of (or links to) the watches you consider start with.
And as said above you should contact the TD and ask him if he can sell you a spare white dial alone with the steel/black dial watch.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Or would it perhaps be possible to only get the RG white dial and in some way remove the RG coloring? What would be easier?

Removing the RG plating from the case is doable (sanding + repolish) but if the markers are RG too you'd better forget about that option as Omega Tresor markers are too thin IMHO.

Reactions: KJ2020

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Removing the RG plating from the case is doable (sanding + repolish) but if the markers are RG too you'd better forget about that option as Omega Tresor markers are too thin IMHO.

PMed you ... and sorry for quoting my own post :eek:

I just forgot about the hands !!!
Removing the RG platting from the hands will be to much time consuming so forget about the RG plating removing method.

1 - buy a stainless steel with a black dial
2 - buy a spare RG white dial if you can get one or a complte RG watch with white dial
3 - have all this modded

or ask jst who bought the one he sold there https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6-omega-de-ville-trésor-master-co-axial-40-mm and ask the belgium buyer if he would let it go to sweden for a fair price ;)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Swapping hands is easy ... if the movements are the sale of course.
About swapping markers it's more tricky but still doable ... the difficulty depends on how thin the markers are and if the dial is guilloché or not.
To get a quote you'd better post pics of (or links to) the watches you consider start with.
And as said above you should contact the TD and ask him if he can sell you a spare white dial alone with the steel/black dial watch.

Forgot about the date-wheel (white with white dial and black with black dial).
So you really need to buy the 2 models.
IMHO the best is to check the FS threads everyday and jump on the next first one M2M/EU.
Of course email a pic of the exact watch you want to all the TDs .... just in case one of them can get it.