• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can this be fixed? (Photos)

nycrolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/17
New York
Can this be fix? Watch has chips in it as you can see in first 2 photos, band broke off as well. (I have the full band)

This is a JF YachtMaster 2 in all gold tone.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It would probably be cheaper to just buy a new one. Even if it was SS, reshaping the case to eliminate the gouges would change the appearance of it to an unacceptable degree. Same with the bracelet.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
It probably would be best to buy a new. If not, find someone by you to plate it first then assembly and disassembly is secondary and easy to find in comparison. I don't know of anyone replating gold. Theres someone that plates bezels but not sure on cases.

its a pretty good smack. Does the watch still function as it should? Movement and hands

nycrolex

1/12/17
New York
It probably would be best to buy a new. If not, find someone by you to plate it first then assembly and disassembly is secondary and easy to find in comparison. I don't know of anyone replating gold. Theres someone that plates bezels but not sure on cases.

its a pretty good smack. Does the watch still function as it should? Movement and hands

yes watch works perfectly find. JF is out of stock at the moment and no telling when they will be in stock.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
You could always just rub down the scuffs and wear it like that.

As for the bracelet, the pin that holds the end link to the bracelet can be replaced for pennies.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Ive read a few threads here these so called plated and wrapped gold watches in fact have tested to have zero gold content

Reactions: KJ2020

nycrolex

1/12/17
New York
Ive read a few threads here these so called plated and wrapped gold watches in fact have tested to have zero gold content

Seriously, I saw the BP factory yachtmaster 2 "wrapped" They want almost 2k for it.. Like who is seriously going to spend 2k on it? The can't even mimic the regatta movement.

I was find with JF factory for $418.. This watch lasted me a very long time.

what happened to it?

Got into a street fight. Watch broke off, scrapped on concrete.

gatty

Known Member
30/5/19
Texas
sly, I saw the BP factory yachtmaster 2 "wrapped" They want almost 2k for it.. Like who is seriously going to spend 2k on it? The can't even mimic the regatta movement.

I was find with JF factory for $418.. This watch lasted me a very long time.

You looking to sell it?

Last edited:

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
best to part it out, it's going to need to be reshaped and replated which will cost you as much as a new rep.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Sell it for parts and get a new model if it's out of stock. It's an omen that a new watch was to be in your immediate future. Even if it's replated I'm not confident that it'll look as good as it did from the factory. other option is to put a want to buy ad out and see if someone has one with a dead movement they're willing to sell. Personally I would just get a new one and sell it for parts. Cheaper and less headache and guaranteed better results

Reactions: KJ2020