• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Keyless work 2824

PoptheC

18/5/13
I pulled out the stem very gently and the released button doesn't seem sunk in but now I can't reinsert the stem. Did I screwed up the keyless work? Help....this is a new watch.
a616d8ac0753fa0008cf0a65724017aa.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Souds like it,...can be an easy fix but you have to take of dial and hands for that...

PoptheC

18/5/13
https://youtu.be/0b83l-1DmlQ

I was following this video to work from the back of movement. But the yoke on mine doesn't seemed to move freely as in the video. In fact, it doesn't budge at all. Have I don't something wrong?
7811be2c62e8df98590db977a3c6e30e.jpg

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I have tried to do the service from the back and have had no luck...you can actually break parts if you push in the wrong place (ask me how I know)...best to pull the hands and dial and reset the keyless properly.

Reactions: KJ2020

PoptheC

18/5/13
I have tried to do the service from the back and have had no luck...you can actually break parts if you push in the wrong place (ask me how I know)...best to pull the hands and dial and reset the keyless properly.
Thanks for the advice. I am not good at pulling and installing the hands, always get some scratches either on hands or dial. Looks like no short cut to resetting the keyless.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I read here recently that if you have tweezers with needle points you can sometimes pull the keyless back up via the slot on each side of the pin which you can see in your photo. Worth a try

Last edited:

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
OP - this video is great and it works most of the time for me. Having said that, are you adept at setting keyworks from the front?

B

PoptheC

18/5/13
I read here recently that if you have tweezers with needle points you can sometimes pull the keyless back up via the slot on each side of the pin which you can see in your photo. Worth a try
Can you please show me the link? Would like to give it a try. thanks.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
I think it was kj2020 mentioned it and yep, im like you, id probably make a mess of it so no harm trying the tweezers right

PoptheC

18/5/13
OP - this video is great and it works most of the time for me. Having said that, are you adept at setting keyworks from the front?

B
I try to avoid doing this due to risk of damaging the hands, dial and date wheel.

PoptheC

18/5/13
I think it was kj2020 mentioned it and yep, im like you, id probably make a mess of it so no harm trying the tweezers right
Is the getting yoke stuck because of this?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Best not to mess with it any further from this side if the yoke is not moving freely. Sometimes you can fit the pin of the setting lever back into the groove of the operating lever from the side slot with the movement out. But if the yoke is stuck it shouldn't be forced without seeing what you are doing.

Reactions: yodog and Mike116

PoptheC

18/5/13
Best not to mess with it any further from this side if the yoke is not moving freely. Sometimes you can fit the pin of the setting lever back into the groove of the operating lever from the side slot with the movement out. But if the yoke is stuck it shouldn't be forced without seeing what you are doing.
Thanks, I will try to work from front side of movement.

bc1221

30/4/14
https://youtu.be/0b83l-1DmlQ

I was following this video to work from the back of movement. But the yoke on mine doesn't seemed to move freely as in the video. In fact, it doesn't budge at all. Have I don't something wrong?
7811be2c62e8df98590db977a3c6e30e.jpg

Where’s the sliding pinion? That’s what needs to be moved. It also looks like you removed the stem without having it in the setting position (the gear on the top left should be recessed if it was in the setting position).

Use tweezers and then put the sliding pinion in over the yoke (the meta bar at the bottom) and then slide it all the way back, or you can push the keyless release button again and it should pop back. Then you can follow mark’s instructions on putting the sliding pinion back in place.

I’ve done this quite a few times so I understand your pain.

Don’t lose that hacking yoke! Took me forever to find that thing when it flew away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really should reset the keyless from the dial side. Very easy to bend or break something trying to force parts from below to go where they belong.

Reactions: pompompurin

bc1221

30/4/14
Really should reset the keyless from the dial side. Very easy to bend or break something trying to force parts from below to go where they belong.

Idk. The yokes are pretty solid compared to other watch parts. In most cases, I’d say to reset it on the dial side but for someone they does not have the proper tools or knowledge, this is the easiest way. If you do it from the dial side, you have a risk of messing up the dial, the hands, the datewheel (overlay too).. etc. there’s a lot of things that can fly off if you don’t know what to look for when taking the dial side apart.

I would try it this way first unless you know what hat you’re doing and have the proper tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong

THIS THIS THIS

You may accidentally bend the (1) 445 setting lever and (2) 435 yoke if you are inexperienced and/ or use too much force

Reactions: KJ2020