• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM672 rep repair

yashax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/19
I am looking for any gottchas that I need to be aware of. I will be replacing some screws on PAM672.

Thank you in advance.

J

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I am looking for any gottchas that I need to be aware of. I will be replacing some screws on PAM672.

Thank you in advance.

J

Hi

the screws that hold the movement, those that lock the lugs or those that hold the bridges?

most important; why?

Last edited:

yashax

17/3/19
Sorry, I missed an obvious. I believe the screw holds the movement.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
why are you changing screws that hold the movement? Or do I have that wrong? What is it you are trying to fix, modify, etc?

yashax

17/3/19
The watch came from factory missing 3 screws. The QC pictures did not depict this. The TD said that they will order screws from the factory and send it to me.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Ok, I can see it now. getting the caseback off is going to be the hardest part. Pams use a special tool....but you can always use the 'sticky ball' method....I have done it many times. Wad up some duct tape, sticky side out and use the friction of the tape ball to unscrew the caseback. It may take a while. Other than that, the stem will hold the movement in the watch, just insert the screws.

Reactions: JOP

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Thank you so much.

Those screws must have curved head like gen.
If you receive flat ones, check your local watch smith for curved.

If you have a trusted watch smith ask him if he can replace those purple rubies with some red.

i really like this watch, enjoy!

Last edited:

Carbonara

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/19
Old Blighty
The watch came from factory missing 3 screws. The QC pictures did not depict this. The TD said that they will order screws from the factory and send it to me.

The QC pics from the TD didn’t show it?! :confused:

For such an aesthetically appealing movement, quite an omission in both aspects, screws and pics.

Wish you well with it, should be easy enough, and gratifying to sort.
Beautiful piece that 672.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Their thread looks ok. Their head isn't curved - domed.
You can ask for a set of screws like those with curved head, for 6497.
check your local watchsmiths.