• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner 116610 Bezel Springs?

eddiethe903

Looking Around
15/2/17
Hi everybody,
I have lost the ball bearing things that go under the bezel assembly of my submariner 116610 v7. I have the springs, but not the other part as they flew off and are no where to be found. If anyone has any or knows where I can locate some, I would be very appreciative.

https://i.imgur.com/9ooOrpg.jpg

Bettyswolloks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/19
I'm in the same boat, took the bezel off last night to clean things and, of course lost them.
Now my plan is to see if I can use the spring out of a spring bar. They are about the smallest springs I can think of. As for the little ball bearing...well I'm still working on that one!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bettyswolloks

20/4/19
So what I did was. Take a spring bar apart, take one of the ends, turn it round and insert it into the spring, cut the spring down so there's a couple of turns on the spring. I then fitted it in the hole on the watch, then ground down the end till it was at the right height.
Simple as that! The bezel now has a really satisfying click to it ????

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So what I did was. Take a spring bar apart, take one of the ends, turn it round and insert it into the spring, cut the spring down so there's a couple of turns on the spring. I then fitted it in the hole on the watch, then ground down the end till it was at the right height.
Simple as that! The bezel now has a really satisfying click to it ????

That sound like a decent solution but doesn't the bezel turn both directions now?

Bettyswolloks

20/4/19
No mate, it's the notches on the bezel that stop it going clockwise not the spring.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's good then. Reason I asked is the top of the real click spring has a sloped side to allow the grooves to pass over and a taller flat side on the other to block the grooves passage. Seems like they wouldn't bother doing this if the bezel grooves alone would prevent bidirectional rotation.

Bettyswolloks

20/4/19
That's good then. Reason I asked is the top of the real click spring has a sloped side to allow the grooves to pass over and a taller flat side on the other to block the grooves passage. Seems like they wouldn't bother doing this if the bezel grooves alone would prevent bidirectional rotation.
I didn't see the original, lost it almost instantly so can't say how mine were. But from what your describing that would make sense, matching the angle on both spring and bezel would give next to no clockwise movement. Next time I have to go in I'll put an angle on it, just to see if it helps. As it is there's slight cw movement, no more than the original so I'm not bothered by it.

Reactions: KJ2020