• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116660 UK Rep Repair

Bettyswolloks

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/19
Hello all, sorry if this is right under my nose, but I've had a root round but can't find an answer.

Where can I get my cheap Dhgate 116660 repaired?
The crown/stem has come out, I've put it back in but it's still not right. When I screw it down The watch keeps stopping. All I can do is adjust the time, can't wind it or change the date.

While I'm here, as I don't know what movement is in it, can anyone recommend a new movement? The case and strap are good enough for a beater/work watch so it's a shame to just put it in a drawer.

So who is able to do this work? I'm in Lancashire by the way folks.
Either fix this movement or fit a new one for me?

Thanx for reading,
Cheers,
Daz.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Probably cost you more to repair than replace, bin it and get something decent off the dealers here.

Welcome to the forum

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
Unfortunately with the DH gate, it's not worth a watchmakers time. I just took one apart to see if I could tell what was in it, a no marking movement held in by a plastic ring. As cheep as it gets.

Bettyswolloks

20/4/19
Yeah this one is the same, held in with a plastic ring and no makings. It'd be a waste to just skip it, for the most part it's a good solid waterproof thing.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
wouldn't advise to have it repaired as the cost will be higher then a new DHgate watch

Bettyswolloks

20/4/19
Well it looks like I've fixed it! I was gunna just buy a cheap movement and have a go at fitting it myself. So figured I had nothing to lose messing with it. I had a stem from another dead watch that looked the same so put a tiny dab of wd40 on the end and put it in and gave it wiggle, ooeer. Took it out, lined everything up, and put the original stem and crown back in. This time it went in smoother and deeper, ooeer?!?! But it's working, I can now wind it and change the time and date again! Happy days, for now!