• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rotor noise fix EU / (NL) MIYOTA 9015

Kvdnwh86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/17
Dear members,
I recently bought An AP ROO (JF) this is my first MIYOTA watch, I did read about the rotor sound but also read that it can be fixed easily, so I am looking for someone who can “fix” this and turn it in to a quit watch?

Looking for someone in the EU, I’m from the Netherlands.

Please contact me if anyone can help me solve this issue.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
yes it can be fixed but don't expect it to be like a bi directional rotor. Miyota 9015 are loud and you have to accept them the way they are, there will always be a direction where the rotor spins freely and generates friction noise. :( If you slow it down too much you will lose all the winding efficiency.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Needs a heavier rotor fitting . This will make the one way rotor much quieter.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Is this available with all engravings?

Sent from the RWI App

No ! You could try the mobius oil to the central pin method . However I don't think this takes the noise away but does take it down a little . When buying a watch with a Miyota 9015 rotor noise is something you should factor it in . The rotor winds one way but spins freely the other which gives you the Zebedee from Magic Roundabout noise .

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
If you slow it down too much you will lose all the winding efficiency.

I took of the rotor of a 9015 and put on a it drop of mobius D5 oil.
Now all efficiency is gone.

Any idea how to clean the bearing? Wd40?

Last edited:

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
any suggestion how to clean the bearing of the rotor from mobius D5?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
any suggestion how to clean the bearing of the rotor from mobius D5?

Submerge it in naptha or lighter fluid a small jar. Agitate it a few minutes. Best done in an ultrasonic machine, put the jar in water in the nachine. The unit will agitate the naptha inside the jar. Alternatively you can agitate manually with a watch dust blower.

Use a dust blower to dry it off, then repeat process using isopropyl alcohol. When done, one drop of Moebius 9010 is the correct lubricant to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunsurfer

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
Submerge it in naptha or lighter fluid a small jar. Agitate it a few minutes. Best done in an ultrasonic machine, put the jar in water in the nachine. The unit will agitate the naptha inside the jar. Alternatively you can agitate manually with a watch dust blower.

Use a dust blower to dry it off, then repeat process using isopropyl alcohol. When done, one drop of Moebius 9010 is the correct lubricant to use.

Thanks for your help. My watch works great again :)

ich put the rotor in a bath of isopropyl 70% and turned the inner part with the three holes with a toothpick one minute.
Then I let it sock and turned the inner part with a toothpick all 10-20 minutes a couple of times.
After three hours i took the rotor out and dryed the bearing with a dustblower. A few drops came out.
I let everything dry out over night, then I reassembled.

until now I did not put new oil on it.

now the power reserve i back again :)
the rotor is louder again but not as load as from stock. Maybe i will put moebius 9010 on it one day.

KJ2020 thanks for the help ! :)

Reactions: KJ2020