• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Basel World Gmt master II meteorite dial

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
Hello, since i saw it in baselworld I've fallen in love with the new gmt master that rolex displayed on their booth but sadly so far i have no luck finding anything nowhere near that dial

I am interested in a "meteorite like" dial for the rolex gmt master ii 116719 by DJF and i am wondering if anyone can make a replica of it, it obviously doesn't need to be made from meteorite but i wouldn't say no if I had the opportunity to find one.
(pics https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-gmt-master-ii-126719-blro-meteorite-dial-introducing)

I am looking forward to your recommendations and replies!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There are a few "meteorite" replica dials already out for Omega Speedmasters. Most are black, but give a good idea of what the factories can do. Sadly, they look pretty fake. I'll try to find one again and post a link. They are just flat graphics "pictures", no texture like the real thing.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Some replica "meteorite" dials to look at. Meh...

http://www.trustytime.club/index.ph...1d32433db8549775cf2259&keyword=meteor&x=0&y=0

Meteorite-2.jpg

Meteorite-1.jpg

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17

I have seen them and i feel exactly the same, the first one looks like its painted on my a 5 year old for gods sake.
But in their defense, I don't think these models with these dials had huge success anyway unlike the gmt master ii that everyone has been asking for since it got released with ceramic blue/red insert last year. If even if we got lucky enough to get a rep of it with that dial i believe it wouldn't be up to a respectable standard.
My only hope is if there is an artist of modder that knows how to do it and he starts selling dials.
Imo its the hottest piece of the last 3 years so it should be given some attention.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hotbmwm3

Horology Curious
13/5/18
I’m really keen to add a meteorite dual to the latest GM factory Pepsi jubilee too

Rickinnocal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/19
Sorry, but the 'Meteorite' dial looks like painted OSB construction board to me!

OSB-panel12f654853c7e8e69.jpg

daceswithsheep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/19
London, UK
Rickinnocal that’s brilliant! Haha totally see that. Maybe it is something similar with a load of white pearl paint on it.

Hotbmwm3 yes please update as and when you receive it.. I have seen a couple floating around now so curious what that one is like cheers

Hotbmwm3

Horology Curious
13/5/18
daceswithsheep

can you please post links to other meteorite subs before I send the money

I’d prefer a GM version because I love my GM Pepsi jubilee as near perfect

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These "meteorite" dials look amateurish compared to the gen. I'd buy one of these watches a whole lot sooner if they had just made the dial all white.

Two gens on top row, two reps on the bottom. Ewww...

Meteorite-compare.jpg

Hotbmwm3

Horology Curious
13/5/18

I got the GMF and I’m really happy with it

i got also got an extra jubilee bracelet for it to mix things up a bit

Hotbmwm3

Horology Curious
13/5/18
What do you think the differences between a genuine are that are noticeable?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
On the rep dial, the lower white background and the raised grey areas are each all uniformly colored and textured so there are only two different heights, colors and textures.

A gen dial has many colors, textures, striations, heights, etc. It doesn't look like a paint-by-number kit.

2tJ1Q.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy