• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is a reasonable price for rep maintenance

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Just curious what would be the cost for a typical 7750, 2824, eta or even chrono reps. Some have quoted >$200 and $300 for this. I know it’s a very tedious and difficult job but with those prices you could get a new rep? Not sure... thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
A full service is a lot of work and the rices you mentioned are worth it imo,....most new watches need a clean and relube right from the start.

Reactions: shamanblues999

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Reps are so much better today .. the movements are put together with better parts and proper lubrication if you get the high end stuff. I bought a high end Chronomat 10 years ago that began keeping poor time, so I paid for a complete service (Disassemble/ sonic bath/ proper lubrication using ETA oils adding correct amount of oils per manual....it was done right.). Cost $225 for this (VERY fair price). That was 2010, and that watch runs currently at +2 sec per day! I also have a Yacht Master that is 10 yrs old that I paid $107 for, and it died. I'll use it for parts and not pay for a service, but get a new one. A good service is well worth the money if you want to extend the life of a watch you really want to keep for various reasons, but getting a new watch may be the best option to replace a watch you didn't spend a lot of money on … You have to add up the pros and cons.