• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2836 rotor for 7750

Matt5513

9/3/18
Hallo members,

I'd like to swap rotor on an ARF V2 116520.

I saw that 7750 rotor is part 1143/1: I have a spare 2836 rotor and screw and I saw that the part number is the same.

May I use the 2836 rotor instead?

Thank you

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
I have never tested but i doubt the 2836 rotor will fit on the 7750.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: Matt5513

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You can try it and report back, but I didn't think they were interchangeable.

Matt5513

9/3/18
You can try it and report back, but I didn't think they were interchangeable.

I will try, my only fear is having problems with the movement after removing the deco plates.
If the tabs can clamp the movement in the case I can easily try to swap rotor, my concern is that the movement could be shaky in the case since the missing thickness of the deco plates.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
May I ask why you wish to install this rotor?

Matt5513

9/3/18
The one on the ARF V2 is a little noisy, I tried to oil it, it's better but not perfect - anyway, great watch, it's only a minor thing that none notice using it.

Winding the watch manually it has 48 hours power reserve.

I'd like to use the 7750 rotor in order to have a better automatic winding as well as a gen-like thickness with another slimmer case back.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
This will not achieve your goals. Even the ET 7750 is not silent like a genuine Rolex. The 7750 is unidirectional wind so by design the rotor will free spin and be audible. I have multiple 7750 watches, genuine and replica, and all are audible. As far as thickness, unless you are going to have the case machined down, swapping the rotor will not affect this.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Agree with Rx4Time,...my gen 7750's as well as my A7750 make some noise, I really don't notice it when greased

Matt5513

9/3/18
Thank you for the advices!

I understood that swapping rotor and using a slimmer case back it was possible to have a watch with good power reserve and gen-like thickness.
At this point I leave it as is...

Since you have several 7750 I have another question: it is normal that the watch is very very precise (less then 1 second per day), but when I set the hour after some day I don't use it, even if manually winded, for the first minute, the minute's hand does not run, then goes perfectly?

Thank you

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
I have the same watch and swapped out the rotor. The ARF rotor is too light/thin due to the deco plate (needs to be thinner to make room for that deco plate). As a result it's too light to auto wind properly so swapping out the rotor with the heavier one def will help. Also I thinking greasing your new rotor helps quiet it down a bit too.
I ordered the 1143/3 so not sure if the other rotor will fit...just try...not that hard. If doesnt fit, order the other one. Only a fee bucks.
I also got the Noob backcase but it didn't work. It touching the rotor so it'll need to be machined down...which I haven't gotten to

Which back case will work without maching?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

I understood that swapping rotor and using a slimmer case back it was possible to have a watch with good power reserve and gen-like thickness.
At this point I leave it as is...

Since you have several 7750 I have another question: it is normal that the watch is very very precise (less then 1 second per day), but when I set the hour after some day I don't use it, even if manually winded, for the first minute, the minute's hand does not run, then goes perfectly?

Thank you

I have this on some of my Asian clone 7750. I've found that if you turn the crown to back the hand up a couple of minutes it'll not stay dormant for the first minute after setting. Takes a little bit to get used to, but after a few tries you'll get it to cooperate. Not sure exactly why this occurs, but I've experienced it on more then one. not recommended, but you can always remove the rotor and it will run silent. You have essentially created a manual winding watch then, but an option I seen a couple of members elect. I personally wouldn't do it as you are putting unnecessary wear on the movement and crown.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
this is because the 7750 has an offset canon pinion , it is not direct drive with the rest of the gear train so the additional gears create some backlash , resulting in what you are noticing , setting the time foreward past the correct time , then backwards to the correct time should reduce this "lag"

Matt5513

9/3/18
this is because the 7750 has an offset canon pinion , it is not direct drive with the rest of the gear train so the additional gears create some backlash , resulting in what you are noticing , setting the time foreward past the correct time , then backwards to the correct time should reduce this "lag"

Thank you!!

Matt5513

9/3/18
I have this on some of my Asian clone 7750. I've found that if you turn the crown to back the hand up a couple of minutes it'll not stay dormant for the first minute after setting. Takes a little bit to get used to, but after a few tries you'll get it to cooperate. Not sure exactly why this occurs, but I've experienced it on more then one. not recommended, but you can always remove the rotor and it will run silent. You have essentially created a manual winding watch then, but an option I seen a couple of members elect. I personally wouldn't do it as you are putting unnecessary wear on the movement and crown.