• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repair - Rolex Milgauss - ado213

SammytheSquib

Looking Around
10/2/19
Hi all,

I had a replica Rolex Milgauss, with a noisy movement, I found a post recommending ado213 to look at it and carry out work. After an exchange of messages I sent ado213 the watch. After a could of days of having the watch he emailed me to say that he had replaced the rotor on the DG2813 mechanism. I immediately emailed him back asking for how much I owed him, and for his PayPal details so I could send him over the money. That was 2 and a half weeks ago, since then he hasn’t responded to any messages or emails, and I have sent him quite a few. Any idea where he has gone? Or have I (as I suspect) made a mistake and am never going to see the watch again? Any advice would be appreciated, or even better a response from ado213.

Thanks.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
He sold your watch on eBay. I bought it for $150. It's really nice to be fair, you looked after it really well.

Or you're massively overreacting and he's just a bit busy with normal life and will get back to you soon.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Hopefully. He has been helping people out on here, very reliably, for a very long time. You'll be good,

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
As someone who has sent 50+ watches over time, and met him personally, I can assure you you have nothing to worry about.

Watches is just a hobby for Adrian, he has his own engineering company and that takes priority but he gets a ridiculous amount of watches sent to him, boxes arriving every day. So if there's that many watches, imagine how many messages!

Relax and wait, your watch will arrive and Adrian will get in touch soon enough. Long waits are normal with forum modders, they are inundated with work and have lives away from RWI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

SammytheSquib

Looking Around
10/2/19
Yeah, you’re probably right, it was just a bit weird telling me he’d carried out the work, then not responding. The timescale really isn’t a problem to me, I’m not in any rush to have the repair carried out and sent back, just concerned as he’s not responding. I’ll drop him another email next week sometime.

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
He's simply on holiday, leave him in peace :):):):) in few days I'll star to write him as well :):):):):)

Reactions: Fontaine

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
He's simply on holiday, leave him in peace :):):):) in few days I'll star to write him as well :):):):):)

Phew! Thanks for the info Seefeld - I've had exactly the same experience as OP, I was puzzled as communication initially was very quick and I've sent him 3 watches before! This information calms me immensely. :02.47-tranquillity:

pcghill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/17
Ado213 (aka Adrian) is totally reliable! I'm sure he will get back to you asap

SammytheSquib

Looking Around
10/2/19
Had an email back from him yesterday, Seefeld was correct, he was on holiday for the last two weeks. Thanks.