• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger SeaWolf Second Hand Fell Off - Photos

F15DOC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/07
My breitling Avenger Seawolf second hand fell off and I cant figure out how to get the stem off so I can remove the watch and press it back on.
Any help you can give me! I tried just pushing down on that one inset spot near the stem, but it doesnt budge...
Help!!

http://

20190305_130828.jpg

20190305_130849.jpg

F15DOC

14/6/07
Frickin hardest damn forum to post photos... jeez

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
ETA clone movement...be very careful pulling the stem or you screw up the keyless. Time setting mode then gently depress the release until the stem disengages then let the release alone. if you get too aggressive the keyless gets out of whack and you need to pull the dial and hands to fix.

Reactions: F15DOC

F15DOC

14/6/07
OMG, it worked! I was very gentle and it popped out, I did not push on the button again.
OK, now that the stem is out... how do i get the mechanism out of the case?

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
you need to remove the case clamp screws and clamps...in your picture above they are at 12 and 4 and 8 o'clock. once those are removed the movement will come out...gently turn watch over and let the movement rest on your hand.

assembly is just the opposite once you have the second hand back on...except no need to depress the stem release. the stem will push into place, you may need to rotate it slightly to engage.

take extra care on pushing the hand back on. if you push directly on the end, and the tool you are using slips, you can scratch the dial (ok, ask me how I know)...you could gently place the hand back on and lay a toothpick across the attachment point and apply slight pressure until it is applied. it won't take much, and no chance of slipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: F15DOC

F15DOC

14/6/07
Sweet, im going for it, will let you know in a few, putting those 3 screws back in with those little angled washer things is going to be a major PITA....

F15DOC

14/6/07
Wow... it actually worked... setting up a picr.me account... will upload a few photos in a moment!!

F15DOC

14/6/07
OK here are a few photos of the final product and the process, thanks for the help Specter!!
It wouldn't go back on by setting it on and gently pushing, so I used the tweezers to hold it in place and gently pushed/tapped with the plastic mallet and VOILA! It popped on.
Thanks for your help!!

VuOaOK.md.jpg

VuOHVI.md.jpg

VuOdkr.md.jpg

VuO31L.md.jpg

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
lol, love the hammer.....:headdesk:...did it work?:lamo2:

F15DOC

14/6/07
Yes, it worked great, i used it to gently apply pressure down while holding with the tweezers... when it looked like it was seating, i gently tapped it.... the hammer actually came as a component of a little portable watch repair kit...

VuXdXa.md.jpg