• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Adjust 449 dial

flowchart

Horology Curious
15/4/09
Hi there,

Is there a mod that would be able to help with a dial that is shifted counter clockwise? I recently received a 449 from a member and the dial isn't straight.

IMG-1201.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm not familiar with this watch but most reps have dials that are connected to the movement by dial feet. The movements (and by extension the dial) can be rotated slightly in the case by removing the caseback, loosening the movement case clamp screws and nudging the movement to straighten it. Note that you do NOT want to impose undue stress on the stem in the tube while doing this, hence the use of the word SLIGHTLY above. Take note of what your nudging is doing to the stem. After re-tightening the case clamps, test unscrewing the crown and using the stem to ensure it can handle the change.

There is also a lesser chance that the dial has come loose from the movement, in which case the technique above will not help. The dial would need to be reattached to the movement with new dial feet or dial dots, etc.

flowchart

Horology Curious
15/4/09
I wouldn't even attempt to try :)

Is there anyone in the CONTUS that does this service?

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
it's actually not difficult...take your time and just follow the directions above. you can send to watchsmith, but you will most likely be in a long line...it really only takes 5 minutes to realign.

Reactions: KJ2020