• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Remove Broken Stem

Secret_Squrrel

Horology Curious
13/10/18
Hey guys, I need a hand.

I have an AP ROO Diver JF with a A2824-2 movement. The stem broke and I want to replace it myself. I ordered a new stem and have the tools to open it up but don't know how to get the rest of the old stem out. I know where the stem release button is but without any part of the stem sticking out I'm not sure how to get it out. Any help would be apprecaited.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You will have to disassemble the keyless works if you can't access any part of the broken stem. Take the movement out of the case, remove the hands and dial and proceed as shown in this video. Start at about 5:15. Skip ahead to follow reassembly.

https://youtu.be/qtgAJBPPefM

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You do not need to take other parts of the watch apart as shown in the video, except for the motion works cover that blocks access to the keyless works. In particular do not take the crown wheel off, it is very easy to lose the click spring.

Reactions: d4v3

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Can you access any part of the stem? if so, grab the end with tweezers or nail clippers and push the release gently...