• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultrasonic cleaner and springbar removal/install pliers

rek0001

1/1/13
Hi guys, I don't know why I waited so long but, I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner and one of those springbar removal/install double prong pliers (eBay for about $30 for the pliers).

Excellent investment - unbelievable how much manufacturing crud comes out of the bracelet, and the pliers make it much, much easier to remove and install the watch head from the bracelet.

Now I know for sure there isn't any manufacturing gunk slowly grinding away at bracelet links, and my wrist won't get blackened any more, yuck.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
what ultrasonic cleaner did you buy and how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking? purchased a vintage seiko bracelet recently and it needs a cleaning so i was looking at picking one up myself.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
what ultrasonic cleaner did you buy and how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking? purchased a vintage seiko bracelet recently and it needs a cleaning so i was looking at picking one up myself.

The affordable ones for jewelry are fine for watch bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk