• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch repair kits, advice.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
https://www.esslinger.com/the-integral-watch-tool-kit/

The kit in the link, what do you think?

I am looking to start repairing my own watches. Eventually try and get in the Miami COSC watch course next Jan. Final goal is to help fellow replica fans and anyone who needs watch repair.

Anything besides this kit you would recommend?

I am appreciative of all helpful advice.

V/R,
DaleM

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
a bit overpriced imo, if you buy the items apart on ebay, it's cheaper. Best is to get good tweezers and screwdrivers from Bergeon or AF Swiss or Horotec, a bit pricy but they will last a lifetime...
If you wanna do the course, skip the Esslinger kit

Reactions: DaleM

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Better to buy good quality tools as you need them. Think about what you are trying to do - then get the appropriate tools. Caseback remover, case holder, tweezers, screwdrivers (3 sizes), and hand levers are all you need to start diving into movement replacement/work.

Reactions: DaleM

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Any of you gents have a link to a good set? The set I linked was on a site that included the others named. I assumed they were all pretty good.

My first objectives would be oiling, crystal work, waterproofing, and link repair.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
You're getting waaaay too ahead of yourself if your jumping into movement work and lubrication. Baby-steps grasshopper or you will get too frustrated too soon...

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
You're getting waaaay too ahead of yourself if your jumping into movement work and lubrication. Baby-steps grasshopper or you will get too frustrated too soon...

I retired at 50 5 years back and I am looking for some frustrations. Do you have a kit or set you can send me a link too? One you would like to have had when you started.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Found this and printed it out. Not only is it a part identification but it explains what each part does.

Scroll down and find the "New" illustrated glossary of watch parts. https://www.timezonewatchschool.com/WatchSchool/

It is a pdf and is easy to follow, so far.
IMG_20190214_081826548_zpsmzr0grvy.jpg