• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue with Sea Dweller.

Nitrox1980

Looking Around
21/1/19
Hi all,

I have a rep Rolex Sea Dweller which just does not want to keep time. No matter how many times I wind the watch the second hand will stop moving sometimes within seconds, sometimes within minutes.

My question is, is it possible to take this into a shop to fix (I worry they will either turn me away or refuse to carry out work on a replica).

Is this a well know problem that happens with an easy fix? Any help would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Dan.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
If you can't find someone local...there is a section on the forum with people who do work on reps

Reactions: KJ2020

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Its not an uncommon issue and locally should be an easy fix for a watchmaker, you need to ask before if they fix faux watches or replica "of a friend" lol, que test waters and see what they came Up with. A full service its perfect to avoid damage un reps due dust or bad oiling.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
It could be a multitude of different problems, so best bet is to have it checked out. Just know that a new movement and install will roughly cost the same amount a watchmaker will charge you just to fix the current movement

Usually its a bad mainspring if it runs for only a few seconds, or a bent balance spring, or hand clearance... etc

Reactions: KJ2020