• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 500109 ZF v4 - Broken

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi

I recently received an IWC 500109 v4 from ZF, upon arrival I noticed that the rotor had trouble rotating but the watch would work when wound. The power reserve dial would work as it should and the watch would run for 2/3 days.

Unfortunately, last week the watch stopped working completely and the PR is stuck at 7 days.

Since, I have removed the deco-plate to give space to the rotor, tried to wind it but still nothing. Has any of you experience similar misfortune with this movement ? Which action could be taken to resolve the issue?

looking forward to reading your advises!

In my misadventure, I was lucky enough to compare it to a genuine IWC 503501 Portugieser Annual Calendar and was astonished by the build on ZF portugieser compare to the real thing.

Here are some pictures:

jWesh.jpg

jWnOs.jpg

jWxZD.jpg

jW9iU.jpg

jWoI8.jpg

jWfO3.jpg

jWNxb.jpg

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I'm afraid someone will need to open the caseback and take a look. It could be something easy like a loose screw or clamp or something major.

Reactions: jcher

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Specter1000 thanks for your answer, I am considering buying the movement alone 153$ (most cost effective solution)

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I hope it all works out for you. I own that same IWC as you but in white...doesn't get much wrist time though...only because I find it is 'too nice' of a watch, if that makes sense.

Reactions: jcher

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
i get it ! it is indeed a beautiful watch. I was stunned by the build and the case. In term of your movement, how is your power reserve ?