• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cal. 3135 parts on an ETA 2836/2824?

Tmape8

Horology Curious
11/10/17
Hey guys,

This will be my first post on here. I have been working on a 16613 for about 6 months now.

It started with a SH3135, added several gen. parts and still have not been satisfied. Recently noticed I accidentally broke or a screw in the main plate.

Cosmetically I have a genuine 16613 dial, hands, retaining ring, crystal, date disc, crown, all stuffed inside a JF 16610 case.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to stuff an eta 2836/2824 inside this JF case and keep these cosmetic, genuine parts incorporated in my build?

Hopefully someone can help! I can offer more details — in a pinch so my apologies if this seems rushed.

Sent from the RWI App

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Dial feet will have to be clipped, hands changed, DW overlay added, retaining ring changed.

Would be a better option, imo, to get screw dissolver, strip the mainplate with the broke screw and get a new screw.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I agree, get the broken screw out of the maniplate. I have never used screw dissolver, but I have read about it, definitely an option. I have worked them out before, but it took a lot of time and patience.