• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116660 904L Bracelet broke ...

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
After 3 Months of waiting my new 904L 116660 Bracelet arrived and i installed it yesterday.
My Deepsea was now in the perfect Condition i ever wanted it.... Gen insert, ARF Bracelet, VRF Head.

1 Day.....and the first time ever i dropped a watch....and it was the Deepsea....

God damn Shit Fuck.... i want to cry :(

7cpI2.jpg

7cbOd.jpg

7c1xZ.jpg

Had someone ever had a shit like this?

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Dude that sucks, did you smack it on something or trip and hit it on something?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Dude that sucks, did you smack it on something or trip and hit it on something?

That sucks like Shite Mate...It fall down on the floor after i wanted to take it off...it slipped out of my fingers like a fish and dropped on the stone Floor on the edge where the dent is on the Link :(

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Sorry to hear that man. Thats a beautiful piece.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RobSe1

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
PM Francis at MrTimeZone they can source you a new 904L bracelet. Thinking that would be easiest as fixing this would be a pain in the rear.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thanks SUBKILLER - it‘s my hate and love relationship watch...and now i was really happy with it...for one Day ^^
It‘s like a Curse on it.

Ralphy1975 i asked Domi, he sad maybe baby...not sure if it’s possible to repair...could also go wrong.
You think its the best way to go for a new one?

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Thanks SUBKILLER - it‘s my hate and love relationship watch...and now i was really happy with it...for one Day ^^
It‘s like a Curse on it.

Ralphy1975 i asked Domi, he sad maybe baby...not sure if it’s possible to repair...could also go wrong.

Yeah, Francis will get you a new one in 904L for a good price. Worth it, then you have an extra clasp and links for it in your old bracelet. For my SuperFranken 116610LN Francis got me an ARF bracelet to go with my Noob V9 904L case. I will have it in a few weeks and be able to compare for myself. Lots of threads on how to get the best Franken-bracelet when it comes to the 904L ARF and Noob options. I would say getting a new one for your DSSD would be the best, easiest, and most cost effective manner.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yeah, Francis will get you a new one in 904L for a good price. Worth it, then you have an extra clasp and links for it in your old bracelet. For my SuperFranken 116610LN Francis got me an ARF bracelet to go with my Noob V9 904L case. I will have it in a few weeks and be able to compare for myself. Lots of threads on how to get the best Franken-bracelet when it comes to the 904L ARF and Noob options. I would say getting a new one for your DSSD would be the best, easiest, and most cost effective manner.

Allright, i shot him a Mail. I asked him for it some time ago but never got the billing instructions^^ and i thought after letting another watch go, one bracelet is enough.... it isn’t lol :D

That’s a good point Mate, a clasp and some extra links are never wrong.

That super Franken LN sounds awesome! will you post some pics of it?

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Allright, i shot him a Mail. I asked him for it some time ago but never got the billing instructions^^ and i thought after letting another watch go, one bracelet is enough.... it isn’t lol :D

That’s a good point Mate, a clasp and some extra links are never wrong.

That super Franken LN sounds awesome! will you post some pics of it?

I have in the Rolex section and the Rolex wristies thread, but I will be sending it out soon for a gen crown and gen hands to be installed.

I will open a thread on it when I get it back for sure.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I have in the Rolex section and the Rolex wristies thread, but I will be sending it out soon for a gen crown and gen hands to be installed.

I will open a thread on it when I get it back for sure.

I‘ll check it Mate. Sounds great! <3

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
It‘s like a Curse on it.

Trying to think positive here-A curse would be breaking the gen insert.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After 3 Months of waiting my new 904L 116660 Bracelet arrived and i installed it yesterday.
My Deepsea was now in the perfect Condition i ever wanted it.... Gen insert, ARF Bracelet, VRF Head.

1 Day.....and the first time ever i dropped a watch....and it was the Deepsea...

Such a shame bro, I feel for ya. I know there are some people who could fix this for you if you want to go that route. One for sure would be Tomrep on RG. Also maybe Jonj480 here

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Wow man. I have seen a lot of ways that bracelets can break but that’s the first time I’ve seen that one. What Ralphy1975 said is right. It would be way more cost effective to source a new one. It would probably cost about $150 or so to fix it. It looks like the link pin is sheared off so you would need to source a new one. Then the link with the piece still in it needs drilled out. You would have to epoxy it back on cuz once it’s drilled the friction pin would be too loose. Then fix the Dent in the link. It could take about 3 hours to do it right excluding the epoxy drying time. A good watch smith can service a 3135 in less time than that if it puts some perspective. Good luck man. So sorry to see that.

Reactions: RobSe1 and KJ2020

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Trying to think positive here-A curse would be breaking the gen insert.

Holy crap...Broken Bracelet and a cracked gen insert... i guess i would have thrown it out of the window ^^ lol

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Wow man. I have seen a lot of ways that bracelets can break but that’s the first time I’ve seen that one. What Ralphy1975 said is right. It would be way more cost effective to source a new one. It would probably cost about $150 or so to fix it. It looks like the link pin is sheared off so you would need to source a new one. Then the link with the piece still in it needs drilled out. You would have to epoxy it back on cuz once it’s drilled the friction pin would be too loose. Then fix the Dent in the link. It could take about 3 hours to do it right excluding the epoxy drying time. A good watch smith can service a 3135 in less time than that if it puts some perspective. Good luck man. So sorry to see that.
Yeah, its like a lottery Jackpot this happened lol...I searched a bit about the construction and you and ralphy are right...I will order a new one from Francis.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
RobSe1 so the case survived the drop unscathed?! If so I would consider that a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
RobSe1 so the case survived the drop unscathed?! If so I would consider that a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, no mark on the Case. No crack on the insert, no broke crystal and the Movement is still running perfect :D

I guess you’re right bro

Reactions: Maron

Buglicker

Known Member
18/9/17
Lincoln UK
Could have been a whole lot worse, at least you still have the watch.

Seen this happen quite a few times over the forums, and it's happened to me too - more than once, because ARF/JF put silly little springbars in to join the SEL to the rest of the bracelet. They're weak, and only a matter of time before they fail. Dropping your watch to the floor...

Best option is to repair the bracelet by separating the link that fits to the SEL, and fitting a solid pin. I've done that on all my JF bracelets now.

Here's a link to where I mentioned the problem a few weeks ago
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...71#post7314671

Last edited: