• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault 16610 Submariner Build

rolex_submariner

Known Member
9/1/19
Hello all - I am new to the replica world and had some questions regarding a Rolex submariner build. I have also had a Ginault for some time now and as many know this watch seems to be built to almost exact if not exact spec as the 16610 sub. I was wondering if anyone has or knows if you can build this watch using genuine Rolex 3135 movement as well as Rolex genuine crown/tube, case back and crystal? I would expect the crown/tube will work and maybe even the crystal and case back but I have searched for a while now with no exact confirmations. Essentially I would be using my current Ginault for its case and bracelet to build a Submariner. All help is greatly appreciated!!

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Hello all - I am new to the replica world and had some questions regarding a Rolex submariner build. I have also had a Ginault for some time now and as many know this watch seems to be built to almost exact if not exact spec as the 16610 sub. I was wondering if anyone has or knows if you can build this watch using genuine Rolex 3135 movement as well as Rolex genuine crown/tube, case back and crystal? I would expect the crown/tube will work and maybe even the crystal and case back but I have searched for a while now with no exact confirmations. Essentially I would be using my current Ginault for its case and bracelet to build a Submariner. All help is greatly appreciated!!

How long have you been reading the forum?

Have you gone to the Rolex section and searched for "ginault" at all?

FYI there are 6 pages of results after searching for "ginault" in the Rolex section. While your questions are relevant and thought out, you posted in the tech section prior to looking for this info.

I suggest you go look in the Rolex section and ask your questions on one of the various threads already pertaining to this. In fact you may even find your question has been answered in one of them.

Good Luck!!!

rolex_submariner

Known Member
9/1/19
How long have you been reading the forum?

Have you gone to the Rolex section and searched for "ginault" at all?

FYI there are 6 pages of results after searching for "ginault" in the Rolex section. While your questions are relevant and thought out, you posted in the tech section prior to looking for this info.

I suggest you go look in the Rolex section and ask your questions on one of the various threads already pertaining to this. In fact you may even find your question has been answered in one of them.

Good Luck!!!

Hello - I haven't been reading very long. I was doing a lot of google searching and there were some topics that came up in that search from this forum, but never actually a thread with someone doing it yet. I am talking to other members and still searching around this forum. Seems the consensus is typically to not mod a more expensive Ginault and just mod an actual replica.

Eledhwen

28/2/17
Thomas Cadell was idolatred here I must say, they said he made the best 5 digit replica subs that are out there, the thing that I’m not quite sure about is that about they say he went legit and went with his brand “Ginault” , might be possible...

rolex_submariner

Known Member
9/1/19
Thomas Cadell was idolatred here I must say, they said he made the best 5 digit replica subs that are out there, the thing that I’m not quite sure about is that about they say he went legit and went with his brand “Ginault” , might be possible...

Does this TC still make these replica subs? My Ginault quality is very nice...

Eledhwen

28/2/17
Nope as I said he went gen far as I know, and when people sell them on the forum they usually lasts a few hours before someone buys it

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
This is freaken hilarious, I love all this TC shit, if he was Mr Ginault, he’d be inside by now! Looking forward to my Ginault TC !!