• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner 114060 Noob V8 A2836 stopped working

cbrownriver

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Hi,

I recently purchased a Submariner 114060 LN Black Ceramic V8 1:1 Noob Best Edition A2836 from one of this sites TD's. It's stopped working after a month or so of wear. I used the search bar and noticed the recommendation is to usually NOT to send it back to China. I just wanted to check if there was anything i should know before trying to find a friendly watch smith locally. Is there anything in particular a watch smith should look out for? Is it possible I've over wound it to cause this problem?

Any advice welcome at this stage.

TIA

cbrownriver

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Hi, yes it's just stopped ticking. Nothing i can do can get it working again by all accounts.

Genera74

29/12/14
I'm interested to know too. For the record, I have sent back to China a few times while under warranty. But I'm located in Asia so custom was never an issue? not sure if there was other concerns tbh

cbrownriver

Horology Curious
10/10/16
Well i've just dropped it off with a local watch smith and i'll let you know. Is it worth pursuing with Intime to see if they can offer anything as reimbursement? I'm disappointed as it's my first rep and it broke within a month :(

Genera74

29/12/14
Depending on TDs but some offered warranty and terms typically stated that warranty will be void if there’s a third party repair (or something similar). Best to check their terms