• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lost unidirectional click spring

Seth

Horology Curious
5/3/17
Tenneessee
As the title states I've lost the click spring that is responsible for allowing the bezel to only rotate one direction. I was swapping out the bezel on my ceramic submariner and the click spring flew off and I have looked for hours yet unable to it. I will post a picture below of the part I am trying to find. What are my options here? How can I obtain this part that is common? Is there any way of fixing my watch? I am looking at part i/I on the picture.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Unfortunately TD's aren't willing or able to source this part separately. I lost a spring and ball and no TD wanted any part of that action. You can buy substitutes for the springs and balls on Amazon but the click spring is a different matter.

I don't think you can even buy the gen part by itself. I've only seen the entire gen click spring set for sale.

What I think I would do immediately if it were my issue is buy a substitute spring and ball and use it there temporarily. That would keep the bezel evenly tight, and allow it to rotate albeit in both directions without a distinct click. Then I would see if any member has one they would offer up or has an old cheap dead watch with a working bezel and buy it for the click spring. Failing all that, I would attempt to fashion one myself by carefully sanding, filing or grinding down a correct diameter drill bit shank for example to a close approximation of the size and shape of the click spring. I'm confident one could be made that would work.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What I recommend is take a sock and place it over the nozzle of a vacuum and vacuum the entire floor inspecting to see if it's been captured. if you can't locate it have you looked at websites like essenger and startimesupply?