• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Project for a new Franken 16610LV build

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
In this post I would like to share the process and development of the build process of my "new" 16610 Franken with you.
The idea to get a largely original 16610 LV build by my watchmaker developed while surfing on eBay and other sites, like the forum here, where original parts are offered.
At first I was just looking for a dial for my 116610LN Noob V7 and a generic crystal. While surfing on eBay I noticed then offerings for a dial for a 16610 Series T, a high-quality aftermarket steel case and last but not least an original 3135 movement and I decided to build a Franken 16610 from individual spare parts.
I made an offer and successfully bought this very high-quality Submariner steel case on eBay, as well as a 16610 dial with SL luminescent material and the characteristic Star Wars S in Submariner. The matching hands where offered for a reasonable price on tswisst.de. I was able to complete the sub when I found a workable 3135 work and a new 704 crown on eBay again.
The few missing parts I found then as aftermarket parts at Ernst Westphal. These are the bezel as well as an LV insert and the bars.
In my opinion, a Rolex does not necessarily have to have an oyster band. I liked the leather Natostrap band offered by Yuki very much.
In my opinion, a Rolex does not necessarily have an oyster band, I liked the leather Natostrap band offered by Yuki very well.
Since I think that everyone here knows how each part looks seperately, I have refrained from documenting the parts individually but sent the watch right to get assembled by the watchmaker of my confidence. From there yesterday I got the information that the movement had to be revised again, it was just not running 100% perfect. Tonight he sent me a photo of the final result, which I wanted to share with you.

Can't wait to get it physically today evening.

Reactions: Jensen13

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Sorry, was a used case. Don't know who's the maker.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Very nice. I recommend a Rolex or JF bezel and a Rolex or JF insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
According to my watchmaker the movement just fits perfect to the case. He was not able to notice any difference.