• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bought 2 watches offline, wondering if I need to get them serviced.

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18
Hey y'all. I am very new to rep watches ( 1 week), but have been reading up on RWI and after I bought some reps offline from craigslist.

One is a Rolex Yacht Master II and one is a Audemars Piguet 15450. They are the newest models according to him. Also, he said they run great, but I was just wondering do I need to service them just in case. Because I've read on here to get some of them serviced when you get them in the mail.

So anyways, thank y'all!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Don’t service them if they run okay.

Show us some photos so we can help out.

In the future use our trusted dealers to make sure you get what you pay for and at a good rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Muni and macarone

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18
Don’t service them if they run okay.

Show us some photos so we can help out.

In the future use our trusted dealers to make sure you get what you pay for and at a good rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks alot Maron. I will send pictures when I get home.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Makers, movements, etc would help you get a more pointed answer. Personally i only send them out for service if there's an issue, same as Maron .

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18
Makers, movements, etc would help you get a more pointed answer. Personally i only send them out for service if there's an issue, same as Maron .

I believe he said they are JF? But, I will send pics when I get home

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
If you compare the resale prices of the M2M sales or even the TD sales price, how does it compare to what you paid for it? I ask because the forum generally catches and exposes those who try to profit.

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18

The guy said they are the latest models. He said that the yacht master has a mod done to the bezel. And that the ap has a mod to the crystal. Maybe a "prof xtal" or something like that. I can't remember exactly what he called it.

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18
If you compare the resale prices of the M2M sales or even the TD sales price, how does it compare to what you paid for it? I ask because the forum generally catches and exposes those who try to profit.

I paid $775 for both. I didn't know what a TD was or how to buy rep watches until after I bought these. Which is when I learned about rwi. I probably would have bought different watches because I like some other ones better, but I still thought you had to go to China to get one. He said the mods were $70 for the Yacht master mod and $120 for the AP mod so I felt like I was getting on ok deal.

viper4500

Horology Curious
22/11/18
Sorry for the late response by the way. It has been a very busy couple of weeks at work.