• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roo a7750 seconds @ 12 bypass

ie_benitez

Horology Curious
31/10/18
USA
Is this posible? as I understand the main problem in this models is not the base movement, but the gears transfer case to the seconds @12. Would it be posible just to remove these gears, off course the seconds hand would no longer move, but the minutes, hour hands and date should should still work with no problem correct? if so would this resolve the main issues and give me a more estable movement? One might be willing to lose the seconds hand sweep, if it resolves the main problem with the watch.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
This has been done on these and Daytona seconds at 6 prior to the current generations of ARF and noob.

ie_benitez

Horology Curious
31/10/18
USA
This has been done on these and Daytona seconds at 6 prior to the current generations of ARF and noob.

Am I right to assume that after servicing and removing second @ 12 gears the movement should be more stable?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The main issue is not so much the running seconds at 12 but the chronograph seconds hands skipping on reset. Most now have a jeweled geartrain so the resistance is minimal and normally not a concern. Older ones were not jeweled and caused a significant amount of resistance.