• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fitting the Bulova Precisionist movement in a Rolex Submariner.

Rippity

Horology Curious
30/10/18
I have bought this Precisionist. I know ...It's to good to be true! But the seller has a 100% possitive quoitation and the payment is via Paypal. If he can receive money through Paypal that meens that he had no conflicts yet. We will see.
bulova-ebay.jpg

Rippity

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Yep ... it was a sale through a hacked account :( ... Back to square 1 ! I love Paypal ! Ebay informed me of this fraudulous transaction ... I went to Paypal that had the payment still as "pending" ... and I canceled it. Case closed.

Last edited:

Rippity

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Than I bought this one for 100 euro shipment and import cost included. I was thinking about the dilemma of having to trow away a nearly new Bulova after scavaging the movement from it ... But If I can manage to fit the Precisionist movement in to my Submariner ... than I can also fit a simple quartz movement back in to the Bulova :rofl:
bulova-ebay-2.jpg

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Lots of folks think the 262khz inside a pretty case is a lost cause. I've googled it on and off for a decade, dreaming of a watertight diver or classic with the precisionist mvmt and water resistance. Every single thread and mention ends the same, it won't work if it does it'll be purely cosmetic. I saw a successful swap into a Nixon, congrats on the success- I wish I saw more technical details beyond "it fit". I've had several of these precisionists, chronos and ladies.... I've currently got the Sea King, thinking it would be the answer to my prayers. It is, it's just a hundred grams too heavy and several millimeters too bulky in every direction.

The movement itself in most is about the size of the 3v cell, mounted on dial w large plastic spacer. The chronographs and some of the special editions do have pretty movements, there's currently a "curv" with exhibition case back that has a new to me displayed UHF, bronzed like they used to and should be. I saw the new Jetstar, better size and design smh no water resistance or screw-down.

Got a few on the bay that are definitely not my style, price range 30-50. I've come to the conclusion because of the stem height and crown issues I'd be better off saving up for a spring drive. The Sea King is great, I wish I had a shrink ray. I'd be willing to sacrifice a movement, If anybody has done this or thinks they can. They've put every type of movement known to man in subs and 62mas + copies.. who will own the first 262khz custom diver (or successful job)

I hope someone does it, if they do please post. If they've seen it done please smack me with a link. If you're trying, please sound off on where you get stuck. Meanwhile I'll keep searching through couch cushions for coins - f300hz Seamaster/Grand Seiko jar.

IMHO a >42x14mm new UHF would sell like water in hell. End rant.

Health and happiness to everyone + family.