• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Silix 3646 Display Case Back glass install?

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Any watchmaker with the crystal press can install it for you.

The glass just loosely sits in the case back. Pressing it in is not an option. Is there a gasket or something that I did not purchase? Can't find anything on the website or info about it.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
The glass just loosely sits in the case back. Pressing it in is not an option. Is there a gasket or something that I did not purchase? Can't find anything on the website or info about it.

The caseback should've been sold completed. If there's metal and glass only without the crystal gasket you've got incomplete product. Contact the seller with inquiry.

Reactions: Duane Stinson

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
n7R6a.jpg

n7C9g.jpg

Duane Stinson

1/10/18
Vintage Watch Parts replied and stated after polishing, I needed to set the glass with a double epoxy. What a pain in the ass but it worked!

Sanded and polished the bezel then cleaned it with soap, hot water and acetone. Used a even solid small amount of epoxy all along the inside ledge and set the glass. Of course excess got on the bezel and glass. After about 10 minutes, I cleaned it with acetone and set it in the sun to cure. 1 hour later finished cleaning off the excess epoxy with acetone, a small straight screwdriver and razor blade.

nAbBT.jpg

nApee.jpg

nA18A.jpg

nAUHf.jpg

nAQyQ.jpg

Finished bezel. I will polish it with a Dremel tool again once it fully cures.

nAeDp.jpg