• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF Rolex 1680 Bracelet Mod

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Hi Guys,

I recently had my beloved JF 1680 modded. 2mm spring bar holes were added, and the complimentary spring bars as well. The watch is amazing now with a minimal stitch leather strap.

Unfortunately the original SS bracelet will not accept the new spring bars. The spring bar slots on the bracelet are too small, and the new installed spring bars are too big to pass through.

Any suggestions on how to sidestep this problem, or mod the bracelet so it accepts the larger spring bar?

So far I haven't been able to find any information online, and I thought I would ask here before I took out the needle nose pliers and plugged in the soldering iron.

Thx

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
iu

merlix

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/09
Italy
Hi
when you enlarge the lugs holes to accept the 2mm springbar , need also to enlarge the bracelet holes and the end links little rings .
The end links rings are more delicates , do attentions.

To change the spring bars and use the original bracelet seem an easy work but need patience and a lot of corrections.

Good luck.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I would buy the correct size endlinks. Wso on ebay is about $25 for that fit the 2mm spring bars and judy enlarge the bracelet hole to 2mm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Floyd334

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
I would buy the correct size endlinks. Wso on ebay is about $25 for that fit the 2mm spring bars and judy enlarge the bracelet hole to 2mm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks, didn't think of that. Just ordered a set from wholesaleoutlet990

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Hi
when you enlarge the lugs holes to accept the 2mm springbar , need also to enlarge the bracelet holes and the end links little rings .
The end links rings are more delicates , do attentions.

To change the spring bars and use the original bracelet seem an easy work but need patience and a lot of corrections.

Good luck.

Thanks for the idea, however I decided to buy a set for $25 from Ebay.