• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Polishing titanium Bracelet

putte

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/17
Hi everyone

I have an Certina DS 2 Precidrive Titanium that I absolutely loves. It is well used with a lot i hairlines but no deep marks. Now I want to polishe the bracelet and the rest. Try to make it look shiny and sparkling a gain.
Have tried to google but everyone have differe tips. How do you guys when you clean and polish titanium? [h=1][/h]

SadProfessor

1/11/17
I think I found the watch you mean, but I’m not familiar with it personally.

If it’s a brushed bracelet you can solve your scratch issue very easily. You need an ink eraser. Just spend some time and it will return it to its former glory. It takes a long time but it’s worth it. I did it with my Pelagos and it was a transformation.

a4235e3be4bb07180a0b3da3f0fc2ab6.jpg

putte

17/1/17
This is the Watch that i have.

Looks like the mittle link is polished and the rest is brushed. Can I use the eraser on both polished and brushed?

Dont know if I got the picture right...

dont understand which code to copy and where to paste it.
where do i fond the BB-code

Last edited:

SadProfessor

1/11/17
This is the Watch that i have.

Looks like the mittle link is polished and the rest is brushed. Can I use the eraser on both polished and brushed?

Dont know if I got the picture right...

dont understand which code to copy and where to paste it.
where do i fond the BB-code

It’s not the watch I found via a google search, the others didn’t have polished centre links

I’m not 100% sure. Might be worth see what the eraser does on the inside of the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: putte

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Use cape cod cloth on the polished areas. Tape off the brushed areas first. Then when brushing the sides, tape off the center links. I use beregon polishing blocks #5444 alternating between grits.

putte

17/1/17
It’s not the watch I found via a google search, the others didn’t have polished centre links

I’m not 100% sure. Might be worth see what the eraser does on the inside of the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Will first buy an eraser and try in the inside :). Thank you!

putte

17/1/17
Use cape cod cloth on the polished areas. Tape off the brushed areas first. Then when brushing the sides, tape off the center links. I use beregon polishing blocks #5444 alternating between grits.

That was a perfekt tips. Wonderful. Hope to find this somewhere in Sweden. Maby have to order it from EBay.

Wich grits do you use?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That was a perfekt tips. Wonderful. Hope to find this somewhere in Sweden. Maby have to order it from EBay.

Wich grits do you use?

I usually use a combination of fine and medium grits. There's a learning curve you need to be careful to only brush the direction of the existing brushing.