• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Generic Swiss" Rolex 3135 movement parts

alpaca9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/18
Ofrei, Cousins, and Esslinger have recently started to sell more and more parts for the 3135 movement that they call "generic" aftermarket parts (and allegedly Swiss made). Has anyone tried these in a gen 3135 or an SH3135? I'm curious how they stack up to rep (Yuki) and gen parts in terms of tolerance and material quality. If they are better than the Yuki parts, this could be a more affordable option to modify SH3135s to improve reliability...?

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
​I'd also like to know that.​​​​​​ Has anyone had any experience?

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
ado213 I saw somewhere you recommended a barrel from Startime to a member. Have you had any good experiences with other generic parts?

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
I think I recommended it from Cousins Uk, as that's the only one I've ever fitted to the SH. They also sell a few other generic parts, clutch wheel, fourth wheels, setting wheels, winding pinions and third wheels.

All are pretty good quality and not had any issues with there compatibility

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
I think I recommended it from Cousins Uk, as that's the only one I've ever fitted to the SH. They also sell a few other generic parts, clutch wheel, fourth wheels, setting wheels, winding pinions and third wheels.

All are pretty good quality and not had any issues with there compatibility

Good to know. Thank you very much for this helpful information.

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
I've used them and not had any problems yet, everything that I have bought has fit and functioned correctly so far. Of course that was on genuine movements, I haven't tried any in the clones.