• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner Oyster Clasp Bent

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
Hey there RepFam!

So I recently noticed that the latch part of my Sub's Claps is bent to one side.
The clasp works perfectly and the bend isn't noticeable when latched up.
It's the movable part, so I am temporarily able to push it to the other side, but it seems to spring back to being bent to one side.

Here's what I'm talking about. https://imgur.com/a/su6OBOY

Is there anything I can do guys?

Thanks in advance!
​​​

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
It's off the indentation in the clasp me thinks, turn it around you might see what i mean. It needs to be secured or it might fall off. Push it back in place with a small screw driver. It's not hard!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
It's off the indentation in the clasp me thinks, turn it around you might see what i mean. It needs to be secured or it might fall off. Push it back in place with a small screw driver. It's not hard!

The thing sits in via a spring bar. I already took it out and put it back but its the same.

Here's a picture of the back. https://imgur.com/a/JMv9a2i

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The thing sits in via a spring bar. I already took it out and put it back but its the same.

Here's a picture of the back. https://imgur.com/a/JMv9a2i

The whole left side of your clasp looks bent - curved and not parallel to the right side when viewed from underneath. Some careful squeezing and reshaping with a vice after protecting finished surfaces is what I would do. Rubber mallet tapping, etc. Foam tape for protection. Replacing the end piece won't fix it IMO.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Jonj480does excellent metal work on bracelets. I'd reach out to him and see if he can help.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
The whole left side of your clasp looks bent - curved and not parallel to the right side when viewed from underneath. Some careful squeezing and reshaping with a vice after protecting finished surfaces is what I would do. Rubber mallet tapping, etc. Foam tape for protection. Replacing the end piece won't fix it IMO.

Ahh ok, is it ok if it remains the same?
And was this a factory defect I didn’t see or did it happen caz of wearing?
thank you !

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ahh ok, is it ok if it remains the same?
And was this a factory defect I didn’t see or did it happen caz of wearing?
thank you !

Should be no problem to leave it like it is as long as it is working properly. Even flimsy clasps are rigid enough that something like this would not happen through normal use. Do you have any QC pics that show the clasp?

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
Should be no problem to leave it like it is as long as it is working properly. Even flimsy clasps are rigid enough that something like this would not happen through normal use. Do you have any QC pics that show the clasp?

No not actually. That’s why I think it was a Factory flaw.
Ill try to fix it with your advice, although it works perfectly fine. So I’ll be gentle not to fuck it up lol.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No not actually. That’s why I think it was a Factory flaw.
Ill try to fix it with your advice, although it works perfectly fine. So I’ll be gentle not to fuck it up lol.

It looks like it was twisted along its long axis, like one end was held fixed and the other end was twisted. I would explore "untwisting" it first. It would be best to remove ALL bracelet pieces from the clasp first. The bracelet has a spring bar connecting it to the clasp that can and should be released for removal.

Last edited:

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
It looks like it was twisted along its long axis, like one end was held fixed and the other end was twisted. I would explore "untwisting" it first. It would be best to remove ALL bracelet pieces from the clasp first. The bracelet has a spring bar connecting it to the clasp that can and should be released for removal.

Yes that's correct, a spring bar holds the whole thing together. I first tried to remove it and put it back, didn't really work. I shall try to untwist it this time around, probably use a rubber mallet as well.
I'll keep you guys updated :)
Thanks a lot bud.

Reactions: KJ2020