• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rehaut alignment correlation

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
A brief description for members to help understand why this is not always possible

Lets start with the facts,

The rehaut is laser etched and cannot be moved
The dial is attached to the movement via dial feet ( in most cases)
The movement stem must align with the crown ( if not you will create wear in the keyless works)
The date window in the dial has to align with the printed date on the date wheel
The cyclops has to align with the crown ( on the same centre line )
The cyclops has to look centred about the date window on the dial

You will now see to realign the dial 12 indices marker to the rehaut a lot of things have to happen to achieve this

Yes you can kick the dial slightly on its dial feet, but say on say an SH3135 where the datewheel is fixed, you simply put the printed date out on the dial date window.

You cant really turn the movement or the crown will be difficult to engage and create wear

You end up removing and realigning the crystal and cyclops to get the cyclops over the newly aligned dial date window, which generally looks poor.

I hope this explains the correlation between the six elements, an easy fix it isn't !

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Thanks for this Adrian, not that I would have ever attempted it myself but I’m always hearing people say how easy it is but I dare say they’ve probably never tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
Thanks for this Adrian, not that I would have ever attempted it myself but I’m always hearing people say how easy it is but I dare say they’ve probably never tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, you see it all the time on ARF threads... clearly its not an easy task...

Good advice.