• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question : Sea-Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 ARF

simondgroot

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/6/18
Hello everyone,

I bought this lovely watch, getting it in today. However I plan on changing the datewheel, anyone got any clues where I can find a Gen DW for this or even a good mod?

I searched but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Roler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Congrats!
Have you consider the Noob version too? The Noob bazel and the lume insert on the bazel does look more genuine. Why did you make the choice except only for the 904L steel they're using?

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Congrats!
Have you consider the Noob version too? The Noob bazel and the lume insert on the bazel does look more genuine. Why did you make the choice except only for the 904L steel they're using?
No the noob bez and insert do not look more gen on the sd43, the ARF SD43 is hands down better than the noob in every aspect. Thw bezel engraving the lume pip. The only thing the noob may win in is the bezel teeth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dominic7

Roler

6/12/17
No the noob bez and insert do not look more gen on the sd43, the ARF SD43 is hands down better than the noob in every aspect. Thw bezel engraving the lume pip. The only thing the noob may win in is the bezel teeth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Actually that's what I meant with the lume and bazel. I should have said the the bazel engraving and the pearl. I was thinking if I could only order the bazel ring and will it fit. I doubt it that will fit an ARF.

Roler

6/12/17
Hello everyone,

I bought this lovely watch, getting it in today. However I plan on changing the datewheel, anyone got any clues where I can find a Gen DW for this or even a good mod?

I searched but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

May I ask why you wanna change the date wheel and will the parts fit a ARF?
Cos every mods that makes it a better or towards gen I'm into!

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
You can buy a gen 3135 DW disc and get it modded and overlay on the arf dwo .

This has been done by few members

Gen DW disc is about 150 and occasionally they come up for sale . Keep an eye out under watch parts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Actually that's what I meant with the lume and bazel. I should have said the the bazel engraving and the pearl. I was thinking if I could only order the bazel ring and will it fit. I doubt it that will fit an ARF.

Well I guess if you read this forum long enough you will see every opinion . I have never heard anyone recommend the Noob126600 over the ARF version . The ARF is a far superior rep .

Roler

6/12/17
I'm really curious because the no one has place a review for the Noob version. Everyone just get the ARF right away.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm really curious because the no one has place a review for the Noob version. Everyone just get the ARF right away.

So if you are really curious because you have never seen a review of the Noob , and you don't own one ! Why do you keep posting on various threads that the bezel, lume, insert are far superior and gen like on the Noob version ? They are not , the Arf is the better watch that's why everyone gets them .

Roler

6/12/17
So if you are really curious because you have never seen a review of the Noob , and you don't own one ! Why do you keep posting on various threads that the bezel, lume, insert are far superior and gen like on the Noob version ? They are not , the Arf is the better watch that's why everyone gets them .

I'm not saying far superior and I don't own a Noob either that's why I'm curious as someone else was actually started this topic that he couldn't find a review of the Noob version. Another member has corrected me what I actually meant; not better bazel but engraving and not better insert which I meant by the shape of the pearl. But the lume and everything is magnificent on the Arf.
I've compared the 2 from TD's photo's and the other member pointed out corrected me exact what I meant. He might have both I don't know about that.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm not saying far superior and I don't own a Noob either that's why I'm curious as someone else was actually started this topic that he couldn't find a review of the Noob version. Another member has corrected me what I actually meant; not better bazel but engraving and not better insert which I meant by the shape of the pearl. But the lume and everything is magnificent on the Arf.
I've compared the 2 from TD's photo's and the other member pointed out corrected me exact what I meant. He might have both I don't know about that.
He didn't say that ! He said the bezel , engraving , insert and pearl were better on the Arf. While the Noob possibly had better bezel teeth . He has purchased the ARF 126600 v2 , in doing so he has purchased a great OOTB rep and the best version of the watch .

Last edited:

Roler

6/12/17
He didn't say that ! He said the bezel , engraving , insert and pearl were better on the Arf. The only thing advantage that the Noob had was possibly better bezel teeth .

No indeed he didn't, I said he corrected me what I meant and he explained everything else.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
No indeed he didn't, I said he corrected me what I meant and he explained everything else.
OK chap you seem like an expert on the subject . I'm glad your giving out such sage advice, i'm sure it is appreciated by forum members . I have no doubt many are finding it invaluable .

Roler

6/12/17
I'm glad everyone here is sharing and advice others the answer they're looking for. It was good talking to you. Good day.

simondgroot

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/6/18

Gen DW disc is about 150 and occasionally they come up for sale . Keep an eye out under watch parts

Thank you for your answer, will definitely keep an eye out. About the modding thing, do you think I should reach out to someone who does this on this sub? Or would you think a local watchmaker would be able to do this. (I have an watchmaker which is totally fine working with reps.) However I have not given him any hard requests.

simondgroot

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/6/18
Congrats!

Well actually, this is my first rep purchase. First I ordered a Noob V9 sub, however weeks went by before Puretime could source a good one for me (had 3 RL's.)
So browsing Puretime casually I saw the Sea-Dweller (Loved the look already) and searched for some reviews on Reptime (reddit) and it came with very good reviews.
It was the exact same price so I went for this one. I'm happy though, it still has that Submariner vibe, but with the red ''Sea-dweller'' it makes it a little bit more unique. I get nothing but compliments for it.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
You probably better off giving this task to a modder who do these sorts of mods day in day out.

You don't want to rrisk the gen DW disc.

That's just my view.

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Is the date wheel in ARF 126600 907 v2 good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18

Absolutely correct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Is the date wheel in ARF 126600 907 v2 good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Font is thicker than gen, but it's a small tell that needs a perfect storm of circumstances to be noticed. I wouldn't worry about it.