• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Asian 2824 Service

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Hi everyone,

Got a couple of spare 2824's lying around. What would be a better option? Get them serviced or just buy a new unserviced clone in the future just in case needed? Just thought having a couple of spare movements would be handy. If so, who here can work on a clone 2824 that won't cost a pretty penny? Just need these to be reliable spares.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Servicing a clone will be the same if not more expensive than buying a new one outright. Keep these old ones as parts (if they aren't running) and just buy a new one if you need one for a build/replacement.

Reactions: lpl

Jaguarman

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/12/13
California USA
In my opinion buying a clone is the same as getting one in replica. They all come from the same place and like the replica are likely to need a service right away. Base on that I would service ones you already have. A lot of veteran members on the forum advise to get a rep serviced as soon as you take possession. Problem is unclean conditions in the factories in China and inconsistent oiling upon assembly. I you need someone to perform service I have a good watchmaker in Southern California. I interested PM me for contact information.