• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wobbly crown omega eta.

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
Just noticed today.

V5 franken PO eta 2500. My crown is wobbly when I unscrew it. I believe All functions work. Signs of things to come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If all functions at the crown are OK - date set, time set, winding then it may be the clutch mechanism inside the crown which is damaged.

Does it pop out with a satisfying pop when you unscrew from the tube it or is it a bit soft, weak ?

Last edited:

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
If all functions at the crown are OK - date set, time set, winding then it may be the clutch mechanism inside the crown which is damaged.

Does it pop out with a satisfying pop when you unscrew from the tube it or is it a bit soft, weak ?

Everything functions as designed. I would say the crown has a pronounced release when unscrewed. But not dramatic.

The stem has zero wiggle. Just the crown. it does feel like the crown is on a bobble head spring. You say there is a clutch in there?!?!?

Any good/recommended omega mods here that could perform service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If everything functions as it should then you could just leave it as it is. I don't know if these Omegas will take gen crowns or not, it may involve changing the tube, which may involve modifying the case . . getting hold of a rep crown to replace it may also be problematic.