• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand new Rolex DJ rep with terrible threading on the screw down crown

Sperry

2/8/07
I got this beautiful watch for my girlfriend as a gift and I know its not a super rep and has lots of flaws but its good looking and nice oyster bracelet and perfect size for her BUT.... It just came and the screw down threads are terrible! Starts out fine unscrewing it but then catches and have to pinch super hard and turn to get it free, same way putting it back on. Is there a way to fix this? I have emailed Andrew (trusty time) about this but not heard back yet but. I'm not looking for a perfect replica here and not nitpicking about the looks or accuracy of the details but it is supposed to be a watch and work properly as a watch right? My complaint is the material defect to the threading of the crown. I had hoped he would check these things before shipping to me since I'm so far away. Any one tried to repair or improve this issue? [h=1]DateJust Midsize 31mm SS/SS Black Sticks BP Factory Asia 2836[/h]

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You can get a gen crown and tube installed, or a gen crown and a gen spec tube. Another option is get some silicone greese and apply to the threads and see if this improves it

Sperry

2/8/07
I did the silicone grease thing but to no avail. I have mailing instructions to return it at my cost to the dealer. Its stripped out and the time/date function is hard to engage because of the funky crown/tube threads... Not asking for perfect super rep... just want a fully functioning watch at almost $300 :)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Remember, no customs protection for return shipping and the repair being resent to you. Personally, I'd sort it locally if possible.