• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advice on a Broken rep

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
The most expensive replica in my collection at the moment is a broken AP ROO Panda from JF factory. The chronograph second hand is at the wrong position when the chronograph is off.
https://i.imgur.com/ru3jIHF.jpg

I want to get rid of this watch. It was an expensive rep and now I'm not sure exactly what I should do with it. A repair would cost about $150. I would like to know how much it would be worth to sell as is?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Most likely the chronograph second hand slipped. Unfortunately fairly common with chronograph watches. Most likely the hand needs to be reseated. I doubt it'll cost more then $50 or so unless something is broken in the movement, which us unlikely.

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
I run into this a lot on rep seconds hands. Very often it's the fact that the hands are made of crap materials and the tube isn't riveted to the hand very well and ends up getting out of position even when there's nothing wrong with the movement. Sometimes I can re-rivet them and sometimes not, it's one of those "try it and see" situations. I'm not saying for sure that this is what your problem is since I don't have the watch here where I can examine it but it's a common problem.