• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2836-2 Date Wheel Overlay

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone has possibly run into this in the past, or can perhaps provide some advice regarding date alignment in date window.

I recently had a failed 2836 replaced in my Noob V7, with an ETA 2836-2 'style' movement. (Seller said date would not line up after I bought, but was unfamiliar with Noob, so I gambled.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-2836-2...149951?hash=item3b08f207ff:g:GfQAAOSwA3dYJmig

I assumed original Overlay could simply be transferred, which it was.
However, now all date numbers sit approx 1-2 mm low. Numbers 12-25 aren't as bad.

EbHfaz0.jpg

With rest of watch looking so good, the low numbers really stand out to me. I'm hesitant to buy new movement(Seagull, etc.), have installed and still end up with same result.

Anyone seen this before? Any techs?

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Thanks yodog ! I ordered 2 overlays, and once they come, it's being sent off to Katt.
71I1AX5.jpg

I hope I'm not being naive in thinking this will be an easy fix. (For someone other than myself.)
Literally like 1mm low...

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Calling bklm1234 BK!!! It's too late for me to cancel the ones I ordered from ebay. (Been told they are substandard)
How can I get a Noob Overlay for a misaligned Sub?

MikeAlphaXray

Known Member
19/5/17
Munich
I might be able to sell you a noob v7 Date wheel with already installed overlay. I have one from a job that went south with a v7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Hey MikeAlphaXray ,
Thanks so much. I actually was very, very fortunate. yodog realigned existing one. (probably better than Noob factory :) )
I'm sure someone would have a good home/wrist for that though.