• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recessing SEL on Sub Rep

NoahT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/18
As this problem is a big one for me and I tried all from alutape to toothpicks, I had the idea to print some spacers to do the job. Unfortunately I have no 3D-printer. Does anyone here got one or knows someone? I'll send you the 3D-file.

The pictures show a spacer for a 1.5mm springbar. After reading this thread countless times this shoul be a good size.

01.jpg

Last edited:

NoahT

7/6/18
Nope. Next week I'm going to print a prototype. Right now I have no idea what it will cost and if the spacer will work. I'll keep you informed.

Reactions: JDM180

NoahT

7/6/18
Bad news... The company I asked for a prototype-print offered me a price of 180,-€ for two pieces. I will ask other companies. If this won't work I'll buy a printer myself. Sorry for the delay!

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
The 2mm (OD) capillary tube showed up today. These are the same as the OD of the original spring bars and will become part of the new eccentric spring bars. Hope it turns out like I planned it in CAD. I'll try to get over to the machine shop tomorrow to mill the capillary tube and then mate with a 1.78 mm spring bar.

Fingers crossed.

2mm_Capillary_Tube.png

1.78mm_to_2.0mm_adapter_assembly_-_800.jpg

Hats off to you.... seriously!

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
This project dead in the water then ?

Davidb667

30/12/18
I read this thread and was simply amazed. Whether it works or not, I find it incredible the level of ingenuity that some members in this community have. Much appreciate the ideas and effort guys! I am definitely going to try and find an alternative material, perhaps a piece cylindrical silicone or rubber that I can cut and afix to the springbar, and if that doesn't work, there is always aluminium tape ;)