• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! Noisy Sub C, w/ 3135. Loooow Power Reserve.

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Hello RWI folks,

I don't post alot, but do try to lurk when time allows. I'm hoping someone can guide me to a recommended Watchsmith who will tackle a noisy 3135, that functions fine, other than low power reserve. (Dies after maybe 8-9 hours overnight with full wind.) (Stays wound while wearing, however there is an unusual rattling noise.)

I got this locally, so I can't identify any TD, maker, version, factory etc., although I have my guesses. Kinda long story on how I got this watch, but I'm hoping someone may recognize something. I also apologize for pics of movement, as I was rushed when taking them with phone.

WxS7Fdj.jpg

Cg6CSAl.jpg

rNECyj3.jpg

VrZVKYb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? Or more importantly, someone who will tackle this 3135 for me?
Thanks in Advance!

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Anybody? Anyone else ever need to replace an ETA 3135 with a compatible movement?

jonhcox

28/10/10
I've been told a few different things. I have the BP 114060 with the SA3130. The first was to wear it until it breaks and then swap it for a Yuki, which can take Gen parts. The other was wear it until it breaks. I've got it water resistant to 5 bar now and I am looking around for someone that can service it. No luck yet though.

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Thanks for the info jonhcox . Watch is still kinda *new* to me, so it's a bummer that it needs work right off the bat. I have read lots of stuff about this movement. (Not much of it positive)
And I'm trying to get any/all options for future repair or replacement.

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Hey mate, i would get that serviced. Tickleshoes is my man to go-to when servicing these baby's. Amazing member, honest and fair. Contact him for advive.

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

Stratoblaster

Known Member
29/9/16
Velox!! Thanks so much for the referral! I gently hand rocked watch and wound about 40 times last night. Power reserve was still going 10 hrs later. (8 seemed to be max)
Its kinda 'noisy' but is very accurate. He works on 3135's?