• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Molotow Cocktail with springs and balls!

Gumby90701

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/14
Soloist sorry for the delay but this is the best lighting I could get while taking a pic on a plane. best advice i can give you is go slow, take your time, do thin coats and let the paint dry. it is not hard at all just be patient. good luck

Soloist

4/5/17
United States
Soloist sorry for the delay but this is the best lighting I could get while taking a pic on a plane. best advice i can give you is go slow, take your time, do thin coats and let the paint dry. it is not hard at all just be patient. good luck

Thanks for this! Just finished mine last night and about to make a post with pics...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZeHGqab.jpg

Gumby this looks nice! Big improvement!

Reactions: Soloist

Keef300

Known Member
25/2/16
Can anyone Post a link to the right Color of molotow pen?

And is it waterproof?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TheKnight

16/11/18
sounds like a mission! how did they original get that on there!?

How did you remove the bezel btw? just pry it off? did you damage the case any while doing it?

I dont understand what those ball and spring things do?
Where does the teflon go? on top of them?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
oh and how did you remove the lume pip? what tool?

You don't have to remove it, you can just paint around it. A little bit of goof off on the back of the insert will loosen the glue. Re-attach with epoxy.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
That’s damn awesome. I will try this.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
4 ball click spring ???

There are 3 springs and balls and one spring and click. If you have lost the click you are out of luck trying to source the part unless you buy a gen set. Other options are salvage one off an old watch, or you can try to make one. I read about a member who made one by cutting a springbar off near the tip. The barrel is hollow, insert the spring there and stick it in the hole.

15594285500382.jpg

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I tried this and it didn’t turn out so well. I think using a thin enough brush might be the key to making it look right. Mine got a bit wobly and uneven.

Reactions: Zeta7

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I tried this and it didn’t turn out so well. I think using a thin enough brush might be the key to making it look right. Mine got a bit wobly and uneven.

Get the tiniest artist brush you can from a craft store. Use tiny amounts of paint, not even a drop. Dab the excess off the brush before applying to the cutout. I use an 8" x 12" Tupperware lid to work from so I have plenty of room to take and release paint. Once working in the cutout, use only what you put there initially, do not add more wet to dry. Continue to smooth what's in the cutout toward the edges and up and over the sides, so there are no globs at all while it's still wet. Then pull any globs away from the corners, smoothing back into the middle. By the time you finish a cutout (1 -2 minutes tops) it should be noticeably dryer and you have to stop or it can start to clump. Don't worry about perfect coverage until you are on the final coat. It's more important for it to be perfectly smooth.

Reactions: xartan

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Get the tiniest artist brush you can from a craft store. Use tiny amounts of paint, not even a drop. Dab the excess off the brush before applying to the cutout. I use an 8" x 12" Tupperware lid to work from so I have plenty of room to take and release paint. Once working in the cutout, use only what you put there initially, do not add more wet to dry. Continue to smooth what's in the cutout toward the edges and up and over the sides, so there are no globs at all while it's still wet. Then pull any globs away from the corners, smoothing back into the middle. By the time you finish a cutout (1 -2 minutes tops) it should be noticeably dryer and you have to stop or it can start to clump. Don't worry about perfect coverage until you are on the final coat. It's more important for it to be perfectly smooth.
Did you have to reapply after this method? I would expect after 4 coats it should be pretty solid for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Did you have to reapply after this method? I would expect after 4 coats it should be pretty solid for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Depends on how much you get your grimy mitts on your insert, lol. I have gone 6 months without needing a touchup on some. My ARF SD43 was done once about a year ago and still looks great. Touchups are usually fast and easy, only a couple markers at least for me. I keep my hands off and my watches pristine.

15335604389982.jpg