• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Hulk won't auto-wind

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi guys, as the title states my new Hulk won't auto-wind. It runs about 48 hours on a full manual wind, then stops dead. It was ordered as a BP Miyota 9015 decorated to 3135 from InTime. I have not taken the back off to confirm. Looking for advice on what to do. I haven't contacted TD - not really his fault, thinking if it's a simple fix I might just get it done locally rather than ship it back to CN.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks, KJ

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok I took the back off and the rotor was not moving. I nudged it a little and a loose piece of silver metallic debris fell out. Upon inspection I see there is some evidence of slight scratching on the plate under the rotor. The rotor will now move pretty freely and I can definitely hear it moving, unlike before.

The rotor does seem to slightly hang up occasionally near the area of the scratches - should I apply a tiny drop of lube there? I don't think there is any more loose debris inside the case.

Also, any help in identifying the movement would be appreciated. It was ordered as a Miyota 9015 decorated to SA3135, but I don't see anything indicating the Miyota 9015 in there (not that I would know what to look for).

Thanks. KJ

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm thinking this is going to be fine now, the rotor is moving freely again. Still wanting some feedback on what movement this is.

Thanks, KJ

MrVisionary

6/3/16
Indianapolis, IN
Glad you got it working again!
My v7 Dssd is having the same issue but it won’t wind either.

I’ll send it to mike in a few days to see what’s up with it

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Glad you got it working again!
My v7 Dssd is having the same issue but it won’t wind either.

I’ll send it to mike in a few days to see what’s up with it

Are you sending it back to the factory? Or is mike a repair man? I'm asking in case I need one at some point.

MrVisionary

6/3/16
Indianapolis, IN
Are you sending it back to the factory? Or is mike a repair man? I'm asking in case I need one at some point.

I would never sent anything back to china tbh, i would send it to misiekped (forum name)
PM him and see if he is available and willing to take a look for you!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would never sent anything back to china tbh, i would send it to misiekped (forum name)
PM him and see if he is available and willing to take a look for you!

Awesome thanks MrV!

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
the screw holding the rotor down was probably not tight enough, or got stuck. make sure its screwed down correctly and it use your fingers to wind it. if it scrapes then the rotor might be bent or something is bent causing the rotor now to spin perfectly horizontal.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
the screw holding the rotor down was probably not tight enough, or got stuck. make sure its screwed down correctly and it use your fingers to wind it. if it scrapes then the rotor might be bent or something is bent causing the rotor now to spin perfectly horizontal.

I'll check that yodog - is there just a cap covering the rotor screw, and I just pry it up?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Interesting development:

I saw a flash of something shiny on the towel I work on at my desk, so I ran a little magnet over the area and guess what? It was a SCREW that fell out of the case. So this is what got caught under the rotor and got it stuck. I opened the watch back up and saw where it came from (visible in pic 3 above).

I was able to reinsert it in place and tighten it down, wow those suckers are tiny, I had to sand my screwdriver a bit thinner on the tip. Guess it's time to get me some real watch tools.