• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos Miyota rotor

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
Well it seems miyota 9015 are notorious for being noisy but the ones in the new pelagos are falling into this catagory as well. The only problem is ref tightening and lubing bearings the usual 3 rotor screws are not apparent. Im guessing there is a decorative plate stuck over them to make it look like the tudor movement any ideas guys as I'd like to give it a lube and tighten

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
In answer to my own post. The central screw in the rotor is just a plug that is pushed into the rotor to cover the three screws. There is a washer around this which is again just for show. Pop these off and lubricate the rotor and its a million times better. Happy days

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
In answer to my own post. The central screw in the rotor is just a plug that is pushed into the rotor to cover the three screws. There is a washer around this which is again just for show. Pop these off and lubricate the rotor and its a million times better. Happy days

Thanks for sharing :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: ellist1234

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
So what did you use to lubricate it. How much and where would be helpful too. Thanks

ellist1234

Known Member
21/1/15
Uk
There are a lot of posts about the correct oils etc to use and a lot of discussions too. Unfortunately I didn't have any so what I used isn't best to replicate but works for me. Basically a couple of tiny drops of watch oil on the spinning bearing bit in the middle (the line where the spinning centre meets the rotor and then remove any excess