• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Rivet Pin

kvmclp

13/10/15
Anyone know where I can source a 0.9mmx18.5mm TC rivet pin to connect the clasp to the bracelet? I bought from several places on eBay and none of them fit.

Thanks very much.

Sent from the RWI App

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Anyone know where I can source a 0.9mmx18.5mm TC rivet pin to connect the clasp to the bracelet? I bought from several places on eBay and none of them fit.

Thanks very much.

Sent from the RWI App

why didnt it fit ? too long or to big diameter ?

kvmclp

13/10/15
why didnt it fit ? too long or to big diameter ?

The diameter was too big for one (1.0mm+) and I found one that was the right diameter but too short I think it was like 17mm. I'm still looking but seems like out of options unless someone here has a spare they could sell me. I still have the pin I just dont have the rivet cap so another option would be to find a rivet cap that fits. Any ideas?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The diameter was too big for one (1.0mm+) and I found one that was the right diameter but too short I think it was like 17mm. I'm still looking but seems like out of options unless someone here has a spare they could sell me. I still have the pin I just dont have the rivet cap so another option would be to find a rivet cap that fits. Any ideas?

honestly , i would try a jewler

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
then i would buy the one that had the correct diameter , but was too short , and use the end pins with your existing tube (pin)

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i bought a couple and cut them down to size (they were too long)

kvmclp

13/10/15
i bought a couple and cut them down to size (they were too long)

lol, you arent going to believe this but the end pins were too small and would fall out. would you PM me where you got yours? I can try your method of cutting it down.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
lol, you arent going to believe this but the end pins were too small and would fall out. would you PM me where you got yours? I can try your method of cutting it down.
i honestly cant remember , it was on ebay, but like 4 or 5 years ago , sorry

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
IF those pins have any magnetism to them you might be able to solder them up to make the diameter bigger ......?

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
Recently I had this exact issue with my TC V6. I went to my local watchsmith, where they did find a rivet that fit the existing TC pin, the problem was, the washer on the inside of the clasp that gives it the right amount space to clasp correctly and line all the way up. They used a hollow pin tube, that fit over the TC pin, then they cut it down to the exact size like the existing side (Still had one washer on the opposite end). They cut it down, sanded, polished, and boom it worked. If you need the washer, I could send you the left over tube they used to cut the washer.

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
Forgot to ask, but I re-read your post. So you don’t have the pin or washers or riveted end? Clasp is just off without extra hardware?

kvmclp

13/10/15
Forgot to ask, but I re-read your post. So you don’t have the pin or washers or riveted end? Clasp is just off without extra hardware?

Sounds like you ve got a good watchsmith. I have the pin, just not the rivet that goes into it at the end. Not sure where the washer comes in. I didnt see any though I could ve just lost it. Any idea how much this job ran you? Thanks.

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
I ‘ll Swing by the jeweler I got the pin rivet that worked for me. I ‘ll Also see if they can cut the washers you would also need. They charged me $25 last time for the custom washers, pin, and rivet. Let me know if that would work for you and I ‘ll See if I can get things started with the jeweler.

123krutzig

Supporter
Certified
30/1/17
Ifyu have the pin, it might make better sense to ship me the pin and then I can Get the correct rivet. I revall We looked at a couple rivets before choosing the right one. The head on the river is slightly different than the TC one, but not enough to keep me searching for another solution. I get my TC back from Backwoods Metal tomorrow. I can Take a picture of the TC rivet and the replacement to see if that is the route you want to take.