• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken DateJust, tutorial/pictorial

watchbuyersf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/18
Is there a way to recover the images from this post? @Op -- would you be willing to repost them on imgur and/or we can find a more stable host somewhere else?

watchengsketch

21/5/17
Also agreed. Just reading the text gives a lot of insight but pictures would be great.

mahaboy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/5/20
Sweden
Someone should really make a full toturial video to make a franken. Would be appriciated so much!

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Nowdays its quite simple to do a nice franken DJ. Once you are able to spot a gen. Caseset on the bay, you just need one of the Vr 3135 replica Movements, which fit the 16xxx cases. The movement takes original dial, hands, stem and screws. Almost nothing has to be reworked, except that in my case, I needed two caseback gaskets at once as the rotor had not enough clearance. The difference to other frankens is the feling wearing such a watch: every part you look at or get in touch with your skin is gen, made in switzerland by Rolex, and not in any unknown Chinese workshop. This makes a big difference, believe me.
39201566jd.jpeg

Best of Web

Looking Around
25/5/18
EXCELLENT MY MAN! AND I DO THINK IT IS THAT EASY, REGARDLESS OF WETHER YOU BUY A REP AS A DONNER, OR JUST SOURCE THE PARTS INDIVIDUALLY. MY DIFFICULTY HAD BEEN IM FINDING A FOR SURE 16000 SERIES DIMENSION ACCURATE REP CASE AS OPPOSED TO PAYING TOO MUCH FOR A GEN CASE, BUT MAY NOT HAVE A CHOICE.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Few month ago I bought a relative cheap (around 100USD) rep from Singapore. Came quick and without problems to me here in Germany. I fitted it with another bezel, genuine crown and genuine dial. Was an easy task, only thing was, I had to cut the dial feet and glue the dial to the retaining ring, easy task for me as being a dental technician, but maybe not for everyone. Appeared to be a very neat gen. looking Franken. I bought the gen. Crown for 60 Euro, rest of the parts was already in my drawe for years, and I started the work immediately after I received the watch, it took me less than one hour to complete it all. Like the watch very much, looking at a genuine Rolex dial from Switzerland makes a real difference.
39899683we.jpeg

Frankit

Banned
5/9/21
Lebanon
Personally I think the best way to go, is get either a VSF or an ARF! Since vsf are still unavailable, you can go with an Arf and do the following changes:
- Change the crystal to gen
- Change the bezel to gen
- Change the dial to gen (very cheap can be bought from chrono24 for around 300 bucks).

Reactions: Menyphazes

Frankit

Banned
5/9/21
Lebanon
Apologies I forgot to mention a gen datewheels as well.
cheers!