• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

borkuz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/17
I'm looking for a watchsmith in the Netherlands near The Hague. all tips are welcome. really desperate now

rek0001

1/1/13
Anyone come up with Chicagoland rep friendly watch smith yet? I've been collecting reps now for over 15 years, ll the ones I used to use are gone.

shamanblues999

25/4/18
Thank you for the tip! I have been a couple of times at Raul’s by now and I can confirm that he is definitely a rep friendly watchmaker, and a nice fellow too! Prices are reasonable. He is in Downtown Los Angeles. Free parking space available in front of the shop.

Awesome, great to know, can someone please confirm the name of the shop, is it still sunset watch repair? I used Sam Watch repair on Fairfax near Wilshire, they worked on a Tag rep but way too pricey. Will try Raul next time!

Reactions: alexdazio

WolfieWST

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Sweden
Looking for watchsmith that is located in Hong Kong or nearby! it's about a franken project, please pm!

thanks in advance,,

Mixcoast

20/7/16
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a proximity watchsmith Rep friendly in or close to Paris Area France. Anyone already has got good experience? Thanks to Forum, I've found some around Europe, but would prefer to meet and discuss face to face for some mod/maintenance projects. Thanks for PM me. :thanks:

Not so easy around Paris. "L'atelier " Paris 17 is closed... you can post your watch but no way to meet them anymore. Îm still looking...

Sent from the RWI App

DaGroundZero

1/1/15
Looking for a watch smith that can fix my Tudor BB replica. I was trying to set the time, and the crown came out and I lost the little piece. The crown still screws down, but no stem or whatever. I’m in Arkansas, but I don’t mind sending it off.

taj

18/2/19
SF
I would love to find a good Smith in the San Francisco area

alexdazio

1/6/18
Awesome, great to know, can someone please confirm the name of the shop, is it still sunset watch repair? I used Sam Watch repair on Fairfax near Wilshire, they worked on a Tag rep but way too pricey. Will try Raul next time!
Yes, the name has not changed (and even if it had, you wouldn’t have problems in finding the shop)

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Hey friends! I was wondering if anyone could PM me the information of a watchsmith in the area of Las Vegas. Let me know, thank you!

Carlosg

Known Member
13/1/15
Any watchmaker, modder in CONUS. I have several watches but in particular, have a JF Submariner 11460 no date that I would like to get serviced possibly change out the movement. It came with SA3130 that will stop on my wrist after a few days. I had a genuine SUB that I would wear for months without having to wind it. I also want to possibly brush the bracelet and do something with the face and bezel insert. Any recommendations of a good watch guy here in CONUS to mod my watch would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Carlos

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Hello there buddy,

Thanks for your recommendation. I had a crown issue with a 6497 movement. Raul charged me $10 when others wanted $100 to $250. He is a RESOURCE for folks in LA and San Fernando Valley. I drove from Santa Clarita Valley to see him but well worth it. He is honest good man.

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I found my rep guy. I have a guy that I always go to for my gens but I am afraid he might take it badly if I bring him a rep so I've been looking for a rep guy for me in LA. Raul seems like a perfect person.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Hi all - anyone happen to have a recommendation for a reliable rep-friendly watchsmith in the Bay Area in California? Preferably in San Francisco?

Last edited:

shemmy

Horology Curious
12/9/11
Great thread! Awesome advice. Thanks op.

i will say that I managed to find a willing watch smith who was able to breathe new life into a few Pam reps that I had killed somehow (by overwinding & the like). He has since replaced a hublot rep dial with a gen (replaced all the hands & little chronos as well). I found him by traveling through the poorer side of town...his sign said something like “watches & clocks repair” and he sells nothing but low cost used watches and clocks and his English is good but not great. I have no idea how this guy makes money...maybe it’s a front for something else lol

But he had no problem working with reps. I never even mentioned that they were reps (because I was afraid he’d turn me away).

But now that he sorta knows me, I’m thinking about trying to get him to service some working movements (seeing as how I have never once done this for any of my movements lol). Thanks for the pointers. I will be sure and tell him that it’s ok if he takes one apart and it breaks.

I tried to tell him to service that hublot but he either didn’t understand what I was asking him to do or else he was afraid (like u said) that he was gonna break it and be held responsible

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Hi everyone...any watchsmith in CONUS that willing to get watch shipped to them? Is Raul in LA area open to this or anyone else?

Also I am in Central Ohio...any here that I can take to watch to would be preferable. Please pm me if so desired. Thanks...

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Has anyone had any luck finding a smith in the London / South East U..K. Area? My JF AP15400 has died on me but having not had it serviced in 2 years I suspect there could be something relatively easy to fix!

Last edited:

Chronofrigger

Just one more watch, for sure this time.
9/6/19
United States
I am currently looking a watch smith in the Dallas, Texas area. Wanted to replace seals and General good service on my Noob V7. If someone could PM me that would be great.

I'm in North DFW area. I was curious if you were able to find someone? Just getting into the rep game. It would be nice to know if I can get service locally. Posting here so others can find the info. Feel free to PM me and/or share you experience. Thanks

vkhaa

11/3/19
I went to a local watch-smith in a narrow hallway in Sydney last weekend to help refit my Bezel insert which he get offended "Do you want me to work with this Rolex copy?!! This things are headache!"

So yeah, do yourself a favor to call them first before showing up in store with a rep.

Reactions: Rzr800s

edmart9968

15/3/12
US
Anyone know of one in the SF Northern California area please PM me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI