• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

ja14

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/17
Looking for service on a TAG HEUER Grand Carrera Cal 36. I'm located in Charlotte, NC. Please let me know if anybody around here. I think is really simple to fix, but I don't want to make it bigger.

Appreciate any help

did you find anyone? also looking in charlotte

silly_rabbi

11/5/18
Hello. There have been quite a few people asking for recommendations for rep-friendly watchmakers in the NYC metro area. I actually live in the county north of the city. Could you please share (via PM or otherwise) any recommendations that you have? Also, please let me know if you've visited the shop in-person or if you had to mail the watch in. Thank you.

bigdaddyhps

23/4/17
Hey guys looking for some reputable modifiers here on the form. Especially someone that does lume and waterproofing. Any suggestions please PM me, thanks.

XpL0s1ve

24/10/16
Is there any sort of list per ountry, area of watchsmiths? I'm looking for one in Greece, any ideas?

PgrPgrPG

21/5/18
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a proximity watchsmith Rep friendly in or close to Paris Area France. Anyone already has got good experience? Thanks to Forum, I've found some around Europe, but would prefer to meet and discuss face to face for some mod/maintenance projects. Thanks for PM me. :thanks:

Chromeburn

16/7/15
Would appreciate a PM for a watch smith in the Tampa FL area, or just FL in general. Thanks.

nolafox

Looking Around
10/7/18
I am also in need of someone to service/clean my Pan in the NYC Area. I am right by Grand Central and have spoken to a few local Smiths who have quoted me $500+ fees to work on it even after i told them it was a rep. Any PM's would be appreciated!

Topcatz

6/12/17
Canada
Looking for a modifier who can re align the 12 o'clock marker especially the right hand one on my XF AP 15707 v2.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

If I can't find one in Canada. I can send it to US.

Thank you.
c86b7fcd563580c9ed5b24df925960f6.jpg
7cfccac4760822677277a73db8a0f048.jpg
998cc21b4aa17507ed692ccaa9ff675f.jpg
bcfcbe27070ee83a49f5b630daac43b9.jpg
ac2c9edf796e245a80d022808b7e9e41.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

suddy411

Looking Around
16/7/18
Can anyone share (or PM) any watchsmiths in the San Francisco, Bay Area? I just entered the rep world and my first watch arrived yesterday :) Want to get it serviced/cleaned. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: pistofernandez

BLK.W.EXPRESS

16/8/18
Blacktown, Sydney
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA repairer needed, please

My 5 reps need some work on them

I am looking for a Sydney based rep repair watchmaker

1 x Omega Seamasters Planet Ocean (broken band)

1 x Omega Seamasters Planet Ocean (1 now floating behind the glass lume hour marker)

1 x Omega Seamaster chrono (crown wheel issues)

1 x Rolex oyster explorer (broken band)

1 x cartier (needs battery)

HI

We are based in Blacktown, Sydney and are able to repair most technical issues with watches, snapped bands/pins, loose lumes.
Feel free to PM me if you have any queries:)

Bluediablito

Horology Curious
2/8/18
Hello all, just taking the time to share my nightmare with everyone.

a couple of weeks I received my first rep (Pam127), beautiful watch....love at first sight!!!! After wearing the rep for a couple of days I noticed that the Micrometric screw was becoming loose (dont know if that's the correct screw name). I did a Yelp search for watchsmith in Yonkers NY. After a few calls and no this, and no that someone finally said yes. And the best part they were 5 minutes away!!!!

phone call
" do you service watchs? Yes. Watches with move ments? Yes, I am a watch smith. That's great but I would like to disclose that I have a rep and it has Chinese movements close to the originals movements. Would you still be willing to take a look. Yes, bring it in and we can take a look".

exited as f@$k I ran to the store. Upon arriving I asked for Even and was directed to a man in his mid 50s. Even was with a customer talking about jewelry and how his store has been on the same block for 25+ years (I over heard the conversation). One of the young lady that worked there told me give him a few minute and asked me if she could help me. I pulled out my watch and showed her and I tried to explain what was the problem on the watch. She was more interested in how the watch looked and how amazin it looks. Shortly after an elderly lady walk over to us and started to inspect the watch "its beautiful" she said. I replied back it would be even better if it was the real deal. She smiled and stated well it's yours and it has value. I agreed and was greeted by Even.

Even asked what was wrong with the watch and I explained (had to explain to him a couple of time). Diring my few explanations I told him the Micrometric screw, the adjustment screw, the thingamajig and not once I was corrected or given the correct name. He was more interested in how the watch looked. I asked him one last time, do you mind working on a rep, "no I dont mind, we do this on a regular". I told him let's do this but just know I tried twisting the lid off and I was unable to, he stated that he has something for it in the back. After a few minutes Even returned with my open watch, "what was the problem again" the screw coming loose and falling into the move ment, also known that the screw is basically non functional, if you can glue it with crazy glue so it wont move that would be great. NO!!! THE FUMES WILL KILL THE MOVEMENT. Oh ok. I will tighten it for you and you wont have that problem.

he comes out of the back and tells me that he adjusted the screw in the back but was unable to close the watch all the way due to his press machine not having the correct rubber size for the front dome. "You are probably wondering why I took of your watch bands, a good watchsmith always removes the bands to prevent damage" he said. He suggested that I leave the watch and he would call me back once he was able to obtain the right size rubber. Exited that he was able to move the screw and as per him it was not going anywhere I payno mind to the press and paid upfront $25 + tax (he told me to pay after I received the watch but I wanted to show him that I appreciated his work).

After making it home it hit me, the pam has a screw on not a snap on. I called the store but it was too late!!!!

the next morning I called and left a message with the lady that the watch was a screw on. I received a call back that after noon that my watch was ready. I ran to the store and picked up my watch. Due to no parking I had to run in and run out the store.

once I had the watch in my hand I noticed. The band was cut, the back plate was un even with the gasket rubber pinched. The lid had masive scratches, the back of the case also had scratches like if he tried popping of the lid rather the un screwing it. The movement had fingerprints. My heart just sank. I felt lied to and cheated. Once at home I opend up the case and noticed that the gasket rubber was broken in two pieces and not complete. The movement had some dark dust along with the fingerprints. I corrected what I could and I screwed the lid back on. As the lid was closed I couldn't stop looking at how bad the watch looked. I called him back and I told him what was going on. He stated that he will buff off the scratches. Went to him and I argued that the watch is a screw on not a snap on he refused to listen. I showed him and he stated, well I tried and it did not opend until I pop the lid. After a couple of minutes of going back and forth he buff the lid removing some scratches but not all. He refused to remove the other scratches on casing. I asked him for the rubber and he said he installed it after closing the case. I took my watch and left.

on the next day the fricking screw moved againd. I opend the case and tighten the screw, I noticed that there was no ruber gasket.

Can anyone please recommend any actual watchsmith in NYC (5 boroughs or westchester). I dont want to give up on my pam. Feel free to pm me.

Reactions: leo6929

dlog

Horology Curious
1/6/18
Looking for watchsmith in Los Angeles area (valley preferably)

If not Los Angeles than as close as possible for easy shipping
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: emdeevee

Redco97

Looking Around
3/9/18
I am currently looking a watch smith in the Dallas, Texas area. Wanted to replace seals and General good service on my Noob V7. If someone could PM me that would be great.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hi guys, looking for a Yuki/SH3135 watch smith in EU. Have some parts that need to be replaced by gen ones because of unreliability. Thanks