• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

leaxiss

Horology Curious
9/7/12
Looking for service on a TAG HEUER Grand Carrera Cal 36. I'm located in Charlotte, NC. Please let me know if anybody around here. I think is really simple to fix, but I don't want to make it bigger.

Appreciate any help

Malakei

Horology Curious
24/7/09
Watchsmith in Canada

Anyone in Ontario Canada working on reps? I could really use a hand with a few of my watches that have fallen ill :(

samardh

Horology Curious
6/12/12
Great post! Anyone happen to know a decent watchmaker in the San Francisco Bay Area? I've dealt with a couple whose work has been mediocre (necessitating return visits: basically band and battery jockeys) and a couple others whose prices would make a surgeon envious
bunbury - were you able to find any in San Francisco? Thanks

dave7933

Horology Curious
11/11/12
If anyone has info on Rep Repair places in South Florida, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

risdian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/11
Anyone looking for rep mvt repairer in south Jakarta, pm me. He charge ~$30 for 7750 service with 6 mos warranty. He can be found at Poins Square mall.

Roni

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Anyone aware of a friendly watch repairer here in London? I'm based in Fulham but don't mind having to take a walk ;-)

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
Anyone aware of a friendly watch repairer here in London? I'm based in Fulham but don't mind having to take a walk ;-)

Bloody hell! You've been a member since 2009 and this is you're first post!
That's proper lurking.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Bloody hell! You've been a member since 2009 and this is you're first post!
That's proper lurking.

You do realise that 90% plus of our members do not post at all, yes?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We do better than average for a board this size but yes, around 90% of users do not post a single post and that includes many who have been active here for years.

cashless

Known Member
16/12/12
Wouldn't mind finding a Rep friendly watch repairer in Surrey, UK.
Come on UK! Where you at? Lol

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Wouldn't mind finding a Rep friendly watch repairer in Surrey, UK.
Come on UK! Where you at? Lol

if you wait a few days you may have a pleasant surprise . . . .

daz1201

I'm Pretty Popular
29/9/11
If anyone knows a rep friendly watch smith in Miami please PM me

inrange2020

Horology Curious
7/1/13
This is FANTASTIC! I had a Rolex rep about 10 years ago and scratched the cyclops and face. I took it to a mom-and-pop jeweler and the owner was so excited it was like Christmas morning for him opening up the back to inspect the movement.

I remember how nervous I was at first, but then when I assured him he was in NO WAY responsible for anything whatsoever if something happened to the watch everything changed. He was very careful and you could see the decades of experience accumulate as he sifted through the parts during the repair. Not only was it 100% worth it to establish someone local who knew watches, but it was nice to know that these replica watches I once thought were slopped together in dungeons somewhere in China are actually (for the most part) carefully crafted pieces that last as long as we're willing to maintain them.

It seems every single time I want to simply post a reply regarding a rep, I get sucked away on an adventure.. I find myself stopping halfway through my post and setting my watch carefully beside my keyboard, getting a drink and opening up a new window and researching different aspects of my particular rep model. This is a really fun hobby! Thank you to ALL who help reaffirm my belief that these are not knock offs of expensive watches. These are affordable reminders that luxury is in the eye of the beholder

Thanks, all.