• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

vaqua

Known Member
8/5/07
Looking for a watchmaker in Southern California to test a couple of watches for me . Any suggestions ? PM me :)

Let me know if anyone has Orange County or Souther California Based service person for my AP Diver V3, thanks

miffy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/8/11
Still looking for someone to service reps in England. Can anyone help?

Can anybody PM me the name of a trusted repair shop / person located in North East England?

bobbyrutgers

23/5/12
thanks for the Stamford, CT post.
any other recommended rep-friendly places in the NJ or NYC area? :)

superman84

Known Member
3/6/10
Anybody in southern california ? I plan to get my sa dial swapped. And movement servicing for a7750. I went to one place they said the a7750 was too unreliable for them.

Pm me if anyone knows ?

Debre

23/1/12
After buying a beautiful rep from a fellow forum member, I noticed after a few days of wearing it that the A7750 movement stopped running and I could not get it to run again even after I wound the movement by hand very carefully.
This would indicate that the movement was either defunct or dry, the latter being a common cause of this kind of problems.
But where to have this fixed?

I decided to take a chance and try and bring it to my watch-smith who has about 50 years experience with all sorts of gen movements.
He is a very nice guy and has seen and serviced/repaired it all in the world of gen watches from Patek Philippe to Rolex to Panerai etc.etc.

After calling him and explaining why I wanted him to service a rep instead of one of my gens he told me to come on over.
After inspecting the movement for a minute or so he told me that he would oil it (it was bone dry) and calibrate it and that I could pick it up come Saturday.

While I was there, we discussed the quality of the rep I brought him and the rep community in general and after he reacted with some astonishment about everything I told him, I asked him if he was willing to work on other reps.
He stated that he would be willing to do so since he was capable of doing that without any problems.
Rep movements are no different to work on than gen movements.
So, for anyone looking for a reliable professional watch-smith in the Netherlands who is capable of servicing and repairing all movements (including tourbillons) at normal rates, I can recommend contacting him on his website or visit his place of work.

http://www.juwelierlangeler.nl/

PS: Almost forgot....he gives a 6 months warranty on his work. ;)

D

d4m.test

I just went to my local watchsmith with a second watch (Omega UPO) today. The first time I saw him for a quick vacuum test for waterproofing, I chickened out and didn't tell him it was a rep.

I asked for a full waterproof test today, and he looked at me wondering why I would need it on such a nice expensive watch. I told him it was because my parents bought it for me while in the Philippines for about $300 (little white lie), so I didn't trust it to be waterproof.

He exclaimed "Ohhh, it's a fake! It's very nice on the outside, but on the inside it's going to have low quality asian parts."

I went on to explain that it has a swiss movement inside, he shook his head and said that sellers always say that, but a swiss movement inside a fake would cost almost a thousand dollars, not $300. He opened it up to show me, but was shocked to see a Sellita SW200 movement. He went on to praise how good a fake it was, and then backtracked a bit and said that he only knows about fakes because a couple of his friends have some.

He was willing to take the watch to work on it for a few days, but insisted on marking down "Imitation Watch" in the description and a value of $300 when I signed the work order.

I think this could be the start of a beautiful relationship. Not to be racist, but I think it helped that both of us were asian. If I was talking to the white watchsmith in that store, he probably would have kicked me out.

winthorp

5/3/07
Rep-friendly Watchsmiths in Washington State?

Anybody know of any rep-friendly watchsmiths in Washington state (preferably near Spokane, Washington) or perhaps Idaho (preferably northern Idaho)?

If not, who would you recommend that does mail-order rep repair/service in the CONUS? Please feel free to PM or email me.

In advance, many thanks to all.

Bob

lildaddym

Renowned Member
14/3/10
Maybe we shouldn't PM everyone about this info...thought we were sharing? Maybe I'm missing it...

winthorp

5/3/07
@ Local Watchsmiths only...

Maybe we shouldn't PM everyone about this info...thought we were sharing? Maybe I'm missing it...

I just thought that sharing a local watchsmith on the forum might not be a great idea. I don't think they would be as anxious about someone sharing their contact info in a PM or email, but they may not want it posted to the public at large with tens of thousands of possible viewers. Only for local rep-friendly watchsmiths who haven't already been "outed". Just my 2 cents...

Bob
;)

lildaddym

Renowned Member
14/3/10
That wasn't addressed to you, specifically, sir...but again, I guess I'm missing it. I mean, wouldn't the watchsmith be found via the internet, just not listed with 'I work on replica watches'?

matseponken

2/11/10
Anybody close to or in Sweden?

I'm having issues with my PAM 088 Ultimate and I wonder if any body knows of somebody who could have a look at it? Doesn't have to be in Sweden of course. If so, PM me. Thanks!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I'm having issues with my PAM 088 Ultimate and I wonder if any body knows of somebody who could have a look at it? Doesn't have to be in Sweden of course. If so, PM me. Thanks!

Domi, if you are in Sweden, around 6 weeks TAT

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Niek

7/9/12
After buying a beautiful rep from a fellow forum member, I noticed after a few days of wearing it that the A7750 movement stopped running and I could not get it to run again even after I wound the movement by hand very carefully.
This would indicate that the movement was either defunct or dry, the latter being a common cause of this kind of problems.
But where to have this fixed?

I decided to take a chance and try and bring it to my watch-smith who has about 50 years experience with all sorts of gen movements.
He is a very nice guy and has seen and serviced/repaired it all in the world of gen watches from Patek Philippe to Rolex to Panerai etc.etc.

After calling him and explaining why I wanted him to service a rep instead of one of my gens he told me to come on over.
After inspecting the movement for a minute or so he told me that he would oil it (it was bone dry) and calibrate it and that I could pick it up come Saturday.

While I was there, we discussed the quality of the rep I brought him and the rep community in general and after he reacted with some astonishment about everything I told him, I asked him if he was willing to work on other reps.
He stated that he would be willing to do so since he was capable of doing that without any problems.
Rep movements are no different to work on than gen movements.
So, for anyone looking for a reliable professional watch-smith in the Netherlands who is capable of servicing and repairing all movements (including tourbillons) at normal rates, I can recommend contacting him on his website or visit his place of work.

http://www.juwelierlangeler.nl/

PS: Almost forgot....he gives a 6 months warranty on his work. ;)

Dankjewel

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
I do a lot of watch repair and jewlery repair for friend and family starting to help people out on rwi and Im doing some repairs as we speak for a few members Im in conus Chicago. If you need help with something let me know. :):)

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2